Chapter 16: The Day Leading up to the Moonlight Gathering

This is going to be the first moonlight gathering that Poppyfrost is going to miss because she training with Darkpath and the corrupted spirits. I woke up in my nest next to Batripple. I walked with a limp out of the rangers den. My life had been getting better without my sister but I have this wound on my shoulder. I have to be strong for the colony, for Batripple, for Duskwind and Chervilberry, and for my dad. "Midnightbreeze, there you are." Batripple said as she walked over to me with Fernlight and Darkmist. "Oh hi guys." I said. "How's your leg, Midnightbreeze?" Fernlight asked. "It's getting better but it's still painful." I said. "That's great Midnightbreeze." Darkmist said. My Dad walked over to me. "Morning Midnight. How are you feeling today?" Dad asked. "I'm good dad and you?" I asked. "I'm glad you are okay, Midnightbreeze. I wouldn't know what I would do if I lost my other daughter." Dad said as we walked up onto the the tall rock. "Cats of Field colony gather around to hear my words." Dad announced as the fieldlanders. Mom's stary spirit came down from the sky and sat down next to me and Dad. "As you all know that there is going to be a moonlight gathering tonight but before that we need more border patrols..." Dad announced as Elmwhisker came through the tunnel. I stood to my paws fur bristling. "What happened, Elmwhisker?" Dad asked Elmwhisker. "WOLF, There is a wolf in our territory." Elmwhisker said freaking out. "Where in our territory?" Dad asked Elmwhisker. "Near our south border, Whiteclaw." Elmwhisker said still freaking out. I walked over to Elmwhisker. "Elmwhisker calm down and take a deep breath." I said as I calmed Elmwhisker. "How big was it?" Dad asked Elmwhisker. "A little bit taller then my ear tips, sir." Elmwhisker said. "Thanks for telling me Elmwhisker, your tendency to have keen eyes to spot danger, would you be interested in being the night guard?" Dad asked Elmwhisker. "Yes sir, I am interested in being the night guard." Elmwhisker said. Poppyfrost is being a mouse brain and she is fox hearted. My sister must've led the wolf onto our territory by accident. Batripple heard the howl of the wolf. "Whiteclaw." Batripple said. "Yeah Batripple?" Dad asked Batripple. "I hear the wolf." Batripple said as she walked over to me. "You good?" I asked Batripple. Batripple shook her head. The sun was setting behind the trees of the forest and the sky was pink, orange and purple. Dad walked up to me and Batripple. "Batripple, Ravenwind, Chervilberry and Duskwind you are going to the gathering with us tonight." Dad said as he gave me a lick on the cheek as mom used to do when she was alive.