Chapter 22: Four Days Till The Pre-War

Today marks four days till the pre-war and the corrupted spirits attack. Now the colony is preparing for anything they try to do. Dad sent me to spy on the corrupted spirits with Ravenwind and Batripple. "Remember guys, we need to cover ourselves with the black goo to help us stay hidden." I explained to Ravenwind and Batripple. "Okay Midnightbreeze." Ravenwind said as we slunked into the corrupted dark oak forest. We covered our bodies with the black goo. "Poppyfrost, listen to us." Darkpath hissed. "Yeah you want to be a successful in killing your sister and father or are you just being weak?" Cloudclaw asked hissing. "I am not weak and I will kill my stupid excuse of a sister!" Poppyfrost hissed. "You are not stupid, Midnightbreeze." Batripple said comforting. "Thanks Batripple." I said as my mind wondered to the sky.
------------------------------------------------------------------
"I know a girl from an colony. She stands apart from the crowd. She loves the fields and her people. She makes her whole family proud. Sometimes the world seems against you. The journey may leave a scar. But scars can heal and reveal just where you are. The people you love will change you. The things you have learned will guide you and nothing on Earth can silence. The quiet voice still inside you and when that voice starts to whisper. Midnightbreeze, you've come so far. Midnightbreeze, listen do you know who you are?" Mom sang to me. "Who am I? I'm a girl who loves my colony and the girl who loves the moors, It calls me. I am the daughter of the colony captain. We are descended from travelers. Who found their way across the world. They call me. I've delivered us to where we are. I have journeyed farther I am everything I've learned and more. Still, it calls me and the call isn't out there at all, it's inside me. It's like the moors. Always bright and rising. I will carry you here in my heart, you'll remind me. That come what may. I know the way. I am Midnightbreeze!" I sang to my mother's spirit.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Batripple prodded my shoulder with her medium sized paw. "Yeah Batripple." I said. "Lets focus." Batripple said. "Okay Batripple." I said as we continued to watch Darkpath, Cloudclaw and Poppyfrost. "I think we have a full report to tell your father and the colony Midnightbreeze." Ravenwind said. "Yeah your right Ravenwind, let's get out of here." I said as we slunked out of the corrupted dark oak forest and towards a small pond to wash the black goo out of our fur. Once we were clean, we raced off towards home. The three of us walked into the base. "Find out anything about the incoming attack?" Dad asked us. "I think what we found out concerns the whole colony." I said. "Oh of course Midnightbreeze. This way." Dad said as we walked over to the tall rock. We walked up onto the tall rock. "Ravenwind, Batripple and I gathered information that we thought would concern you." I announced. "Yeah their leaders Darkpath and Cloudclaw are planning to attack the lake front alliance territories." Batripple announced. The colony murmured among each other. "Listen to Midnightbreeze, Ravenwind and Batripple, they have important information to share with us." Bramblestone said as the colony hushed. The colony looked up at the three of us as we continued. "Thanks Bramblestone, now where was I... oh Ravenwind, Batripple and I overheard that they would attack the lake front alliance territories when the sun is at its highest in the sky." I announced. "Midnightbreeze is right about that, we have to ready our defenses for the attack from the corrupted spirit." Ravenwind announced. "Thanks you three for your input." Dad announced as he turned to face the colony. "Now are we going to let the corrupted spirits have victory over us, my own daughter is among them and Midnightbreeze told me that her sister Poppyfrost is going to try to kill her in the war so we must fight for what we have and we have to protect our territory and base at all costs." Dad announced.