Chapter 17: The Moonlight Gathering

I wish my sister could be here but she made her choice and I made mine. I have a family who cares about each other, well I can't say that about my sister Poppyfrost. She hates me for no reason at all. "Midnightbreeze." Fawnsnow said as she pawwed me with her pale ginger paw. I woke up to see Fawnsnow standing in front of me. "Yes Fawnsnow?" I asked. "Can we talk?" Fawnsnow asked. "Yeah Fawnsnow. I need to stretch my legs." I said as we walked out of the rangers den and over to the tall rock and sat below. "Poppyfrost is making a grave mistake, she knows that she shouldn't work with Darkpath because he is an cold blooded murderer." Fawnsnow said. "I do agree with you Fawnsnow, my sister is making a grave mistake. I don't know what has gotten into her head lately but I don't agree with what she is doing." I said as dad walked up onto the tall rock. "Cats of Field colony gather around to hear my words." Dad announced as the colony gathered beneath the tall rock and I sat down next to my father. "The moon is full so we have to get going to the gathering before we are late. Field colony move out towards the moonlight island." Dad announced as he jumped off of the tall rock and walked to the front of the colony. We left the base for the moonlight gathering island. Oak colony cats were already at gathering. We walked over the fallen tree. Dad joined Stormwhisker on the tree. I walked onto the rock next to my friend Freckleshade. "Where's Poppyfrost?" Freckleshade asked. I whispered into Freckleshade's ear. "She is training with Darkpath and Cloudclaw." I whispered. "She is, doesn't she realize he's dangerous?" Freckleshade asked. "Yeah but she doesn't see him like that, he is training her himself." I said. Stormtail and his rangers walked onto the moonlight gathering island. "Poppyfrost made her choice to follow those monsters Darkpath and Cloudclaw." I said as Lakejaw joined us on the rock. The river colony cats arrived onto the moonlight gathering island. "Since every cat is here tonight let the gathering begin. Marsh colony has two strong rangers Morningclaw and Orangefang." Stormtail announced sternly. "Morningclaw, Orangefang." The colonies cheered in unison. "River colony has Perchflight she had completed her training and is now a strong ranger of River colony." Moonriver announced. "Perchflight, Perchflight, Perchflight." The colonies cheered in unison. "Field colony has bad news one of our strongest rangers and my kin Hollysong, he died with honor to his colony." Dad announced. "I'm sorry Midnightbreeze, I know how you feel I lost my mother to a rogue that made it into the Oak colony base." Freckleshade said with empathy for me. "Thanks Freckleshade." I said. "Oak colony has one new claw Spruce." Stormwhisker announced. "Spruce, Spruce, Spruce." The colonies cheered in unison. "And with that the gathering is over." Moonriver announced as dad bounded done from the tree, we started our ascending off of the moonlight gathering island and towards our base. I walked into the rangers den and curled up into our nest. A few seconds later Batripple walked into the rangers, she curled up next to me quietly not to wake me up. She put her head on my shoulder.