Chapter 21: The Day After The Storm

I woke to no rain, today is going to be a stressful day with all the plans that the corrupted spirits have and with Poppyfrost's behavior lately when I visited her in the corrupted dark oak forest. My job lately was to spy on the corrupted spirits without being seen. But today the spirits of Mapleleaf, Leashtail, and Snowlight came down from the sky to deliver a prophecy about the incoming danger to my father and me. "What is it, Mapleleaf?" Dad asked. "The colonies around the lake are in grave danger and if you don’t stop it from happening, they will destroy everything." Mapleleaf said. "We are gathering intell about the upcoming war." I said as I stood to my paws. "Is Poppyfrost working with him?" Leashtail asked. "I'm afraid she is." Dad said to Leashtail. "We were afraid that this was going to happen." Snowlight sighed. The three of the spirits went back to the sky with the ancestors.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Flash Forward starts
The future is better now than it was after the war with the corrupted spirits but we did lose my father and now I'm captain and also a crystal researcher. "I stand before you all as your captain and as your friend..." I started as my eyes welled up. "...now my father is dead..." I continued as I fainted. Batripple ran up onto the rock next to me with Fernlight, Darkmist, Boulderpath, and Poppyfrost.
Flash Forward ends
------------------------------------------------------------------
I want my sister Poppyfrost back, the Poppyfrost who cares about her family. But not the Poppyfrost who doesn't care about anything except for herself. Having a sister who hates me is stressing me out to no end because we had been getting along when we were kittens but she grew distant from me and the colony. I started to cry and fell to the ground. Batripple walked out of the rangers den and saw that I was crying. "Midnightbreeze, what's wrong?" Batripple asked. "I don't know what I did wrong to make my sister hate me." I cried. "Shhhhhhhh it's okay Midnightfur let it out, you didn't do anything wrong but Poppyfrost is being mouse brained and fox hearted to you Midnightbreeze." Batripple said as Ravenwind walked over to us. "What's wrong Midnightbreeze?" Ravenwind asked Batripple. "She's upset with how her sister is treating her with this cold and distant attitude towards her. Poppyfrost is making a grave mistake by training with the corrupted spirits." Batripple explained to Ravenwind. "Yeah she is." Ravenwind said. "It's getting late so let's head inside the rangers den." Batripple said. We curled up in our nest and fell asleep next to each other.