Chapter 20: The Storm

Clouds were thicking overhead and rain started to trickle. Today starts the first day of my crystal research with Bramblestone, Acornfur, Maplegaze, Darkmist and Fernlight. I stood to my paws and walked confidently to the crystal researchers den. "Midnightbreeze." Fernlight said. "Yeah Fernlight?" I asked. I can be myself around Fernlight, Darkmist, Bramblestone, Acornfur, Maplegaze, the colony, Freckleshade, the kids, Swancover, and Batripple. "Bramblestone wants to see you." Fernlight said as we walked into the crystal researchers den. Where the light usually comes into the den was down pour with rain. I'm remembering something that mom told me when I was a newly made new claw.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Flashback starts
"Mom, will you always be there for me like you are for Poppy?" I asked mom. "Oh of course Midnight, I will be there for you." Mom said. "But Poppy said that you would abandon me and I would be a disappointment because of my unique ability to grow flowers in my fur." I cried as my mother curled her tail around me and pulled me into her Blueish-grey fur. "Listen to me when I say this Midnight, you and your sister Poppy are best things that ever happened to us. I don't know what has gotten into her head lately but she needs to get it through her head that you are special just like her." Mom explained as she licked my fur between the ears. "But she doesn't think that about me." I cried. "Shhhhhhhh, it's okay Midnight let it out. She will know in time but the right time will come that she will eventually expect you." Mom said comforting. "Thanks mom, I am still a little confused about what is wrong with me in her eyes that she thinks I'm a burden in the family." I cried. "Poppy thinks that about you, I will have a talk with her about this. Does that sound good to you?" Mom asked. I looked up at my mom's face she smiled warmly at me. "Yeah mom, thanks." I cried.
Flashback ends
------------------------------------------------------------------
We spent the day researching the various types of crystals while I was thinking about my mom. I had to eat something because I haven't eaten anything since last night. I walked over to the fresh-kill pile and picked up a large thrush because Bramblestone heard my stomach grumble. He told me to get something to eat. I followed his advice and went out into the pouring rain. I golfed down the thrush walked back to the crystal researchers den. The day went on with a hitch and the sky got darker, Batripple and I walked into the rangers den and curled up in our nest and fell asleep next to each other.