Chapter 25: One Day Till The Pre-War

Since my father agreed with forming a alliance with Oak colony yesterday, I must go tell Freckleshade and Swancover. I walked out of the rangers den with Batripple and Dad by my side and out of the base to the field colony oak colony border to tell them the news. Swancover and Freckleshade were already at the border with Stormwhisker. "Whiteclaw." Stormwhisker said. "Stormwhisker." Dad said. "I believe what my son had told me about this alliance between our two colonies will be beneficial to our colonies safety. That is our main priority in this war. We will be stronger together instead of apart." Stormwhisker explained to my father. "Our colonies had been peaceful to each other for generations now and we must come together in time of need." Dad explained. "So we agree, that this alliance will be beneficial to our cause. We must talk to our ancestors and get their protection before proceeding on this alliance. Come Freckleshade and Swancover let's get back to the base." Stormwhisker said as they walked deeper into their territory. "Come Midnightbreeze and Batripple let's go back to our base." Dad said. We walked deeper into our territory towards our base. The first and second step of forming a alliance with Oak colony is complete now onto the third step in forming a alliance. We walked into the base and dad walked up onto the tall rock to summon the colony for a meeting. "Cats of Field colony gather around to hear my words." Dad announced as the colony gathered beneath the tall rock. "Our neighbors to the north want to form a alliance with us." Dad announced. "How do you know we can trust them?" Shellheart asked. Darkmist and Fernlight stepped forward towards Shellheart. "We trust our friend, our best friend to lead us to victory over the corrupted spirits." Fernlight said. "We can trust them Shellheart." Darkmist said as Finchbreeze and Berrycloud walked forward. "Our mates are right that we can trust them." Finchbreeze and Berrycloud said. "Thanks Darkmist, Fernlight, Finchbreeze and Berrycloud for your input on the matter. Now Midnightfur and I have to contact our ancestors to get their protection. Colony dismissed." Dad announced. We walked off of the tall rock and towards my father's den. "Ancestors please make yourselves present." Dad summoned the spirits of Mapleleaf, Leashtail, Snowlight, Hobblefern, Blackmane, Lightningbreeze, Spotteddream, Darkspot, Blackstripe, Falconsight, Volestep, Hollysong, and Reedfur. "We need your protection in this war against the corrupted spirits." I said. "Don't worry Whiteclaw and Midnightfur, you and Field colony have our protection." Mapleleaf said. "Yeah Mapleleaf is right, we are willing to do anything to protect the lake territories." Mom said. "Thanks mom." I said as I hugged mom and my son's spirit. "Your welcome Midnightbreeze." Mom said. "I love you mom." Hollysong said. "I love you too Hollysong." I said to my son. We finished talking to our ancestors to get their protection so tomorrow dad, Batripple and I will talk to Stormwhisker, Freckleshade and Swancover about advancing the alliance. I walked out of my father's den and towards the ranger’s den and fell asleep next to Batripple. Today marks a month since Poppyfrost left us to train with the corrupted spirits and fifteen days till  the war. Luckily we got our ancestors protection and we formed a alliance with Oak colony two days ago. Marsh colony and River colony had sided with the corrupted spirits. They turned their backs on their ancestors, their families that live in sliverpelt. The mother of the river colony captain Goldenlake. But Oak colony has continued to follow their ancestors and Field colony, we continue to follow our ancestors. With the war this close to happening we must be ready for anything they try to do to us.