Snow Day

A huge snowstorm had hit New York last night, everything was covered in a white powder wonderland. To some people, it would mean a snow day for most of the students at Midtown High. Others like the heroes of New York take it as an extra day of S.H.I.E.L.D training. Peter had woken up to the sound of his alarm clock and his communicator. Nova called him in a pain saying that there were Skrull robots attacking the city and they can't hold them off. Peter jumped out of bed and scrambled to get himself in his Spider-Man suit.

The second he reached the window, someone had pelted him with snowballs causing him to fall out the window and landed face first into the snow. He looked up to see his team laughing their heads off at Spidey's ultimate face plant. Nova had filmed the whole thing and even took pictures. "Hey Nova, copy me? It'll be an early Christmas present." Phantom stated.

"Just call me Santa Claus. Ho, Ho, Ho!" Nova joked.

Spider-Man got up with snow dripping down his pants, he glared at Nova's little prank. He figured that they should be in school but Power Man told him that school was canceled. Spider-Man figured that they had gotten up extra early just to torture him. White Tiger said that their prank was a fringe benefit. They were actually here to pick up Spider-Man under Agent Coulson's orders for some 'extra credit'. Which meant they were reported to S.H.E.I.L.D station I.C.E for winter survival training.

"So we get the day off 'cause of snow. Then we gotta go work out, in more snow?" Spider-Man questioned.

White Tiger stated that this is a mandatory team building exercise for all of them to do. Nova then smirked saying that he had a better idea to spend their snow day. That started to worry both Spider-Man and Phantom cause when Nova has an idea, it always ends badly. But an hour and thirteen minutes later, they were out of the snow and into a beautiful island paradise. Peter, Danny R, Sam, and Luke had changed out of their hero gear and into beach shorts and sunglasses.

Ava figured that they were gonna get in trouble but she had changed into a bathing suit with a pink flower in her hair. Ava stated that if they were gonna get in trouble then they might as well have some fun in the sun. Phantom still kept his hero suit on since he can't reveal his identity to the team but that wasn't gonna stop him from having fun. "How did you guys find this place?" Luke asked.

Sam had found it in the S.H.E.I.L.D database filed under 'classy'. Sam told them that if Coulson finds out then he'll just say that he entered in the wrong coordinates. Peter didn't look that convinced, a snow day plus tropical island is greater than or equal to the wrath of Coulson. Sam wasn't listening, he just took of his sunglasses and jumped into the water. The others joined in the fun in the water while Phantom just sat on the beach. When he wasn't looking, Luke and Peter grabbed him by the arms and legs and threw him into the water.

Peter's spidey sense started going off saying that there was something behind him. He turned around fast but there was nothing behind him. He just shook it off, that was when sent a wave towards both Peter and Luke as payback for tossing him into the ocean. This was paradise, what could go wrong?

Hours into the day, the team was having a blast with their day in the sun. Danny R asked why this place was even in the database, Sam figured that this was Fury's secret island hideaway. Phantom started picturing Fury, Coulson, Dr. Conners, and even the Hulk in Hawiian shirts and flower necklaces having a beach party. Phantom immedently shook the image out of his head, the less they know, the better. Peter asked Phantom if he was hot with his gear on but he didn't mind it one bit.

Sam was using his helmet as a pail to scoop up sand in, he actually made a sand replica of himself as Nova. Danny R was just using a stick to draw wavy lines in the sand. Ava was sitting on a beach chair doing her math homework. But Peter found out that it was a fake cover and Ava was actually reading a romance novel called Thundering Hearts. "Never pegged you for a romance type." Phantom commented.