Sinister Seven Rising

This chapter is a cross over with my friend @Mystic_Destiny. So we both worked on the chapter together. Enjoy.

In Gotham City, after the battle with Lila, Damian got an alert on his phone telling him that The Riddler had escaped Arkham Asylum and fled to New York City. 'Why can't the criminals I fight give me a break once in a while?' Damian asked himself. The next morning, when everyone had woken up, Damian gave them the news.

"It would seem a group of us will have to travel to New York City to stop The Riddler," Bruce said as he stroked his chin.

"How about me, Adrien and Marinette?" Damian asked.

Without any hesitation, Bruce agreed to the idea. With that, Marinette and Damian transformed into their full form while Adrien transformed into Cat Noir, and Batman put on his suit and grabbed some gadgets. Together, the four of them hopped into Bat-Mobile and made their way to New York City. Halfway through the ride, Bruce Wayne informed the others that he had a blood related brother living in New York and the others could not believe that news.

Meanwhile in New York, Spider-Man and the team except for Phantom were training at the Statue of Liberty. It was mostly a team exercise, but Spider-Man was having trouble leading it. The team tried dog piling, cliche combo moves, even surprise attacks but they ended up looking like fools. He really needed to get his leadership skills in shape. Spider-Man looked a little worried when Phantom didn't show up for training. He tried calling him on his watch communicator, but Phantom wasn't answering. Although he did get a sudden call from Doc Connors who was in Doc Ock's underwater lab.

"I found something I think you should see right away. Get here as soon as you possibly can! Come alone." Conners said before cutting communications.

Spider-Man wasn't sure if Conners said "come alone" or he might have said, "don't come alone." Either way, Spider-Man wasn't going to take that chance. He asked the team if they could tag along but they all turned him down; Nova mostly didn't want to hear him and Conners spew nerd. Power Man assured him that he can always call them for back up just in case anything went wrong. He finally understood why Fury was always wanting to snap his eye patch from the team's attitude and refusing to follow orders. Still, he couldn't help but wonder why Phantom missed the training session.

Spider-Man changed into his diving suit and went for a dive in the Hudson which was where Ock's lab was. But just as he got inside the lab, his spidey sense was going off the charts. That was when he spotted Conners unconscious and in some weird equipment. Conners tried to warn Spider-Man that it was a trap, but Spider-Man figured that out when he got hit by a force field. He looked up to see Doc Ock appear from the shadows, "Octopus!" he stated.

"Don't call me that!" Ock shouted in anger.

"If the name fits." Spider-Man teased, "Why don't we take this outside? Well, you know, above ground outside?"

Doc Ock turned down his offer and stated that he wanted Spider-Man to meet his new associates. Ock's new associates were villains that Spider-Man and Phantom had humiliated in battle before, Electro, Beetle, Kraven, and Rhino. Doc Ock announced their name as the Sinister Seven. Spider-Man joked that Ock needed to take math lessons again on the count of their only being five members. Of course, with his big mouth, Ock pressed a remote that activated a collar on the back of Conners which turned him back into the Lizard. All of the members cornered Spider-Man like a fish in a shark tank.

"So what? I still don't count seven. What next? A ghost from the ghost zone? A vulture man? Juggernaut? Oh wait, a clown for your little circus?" Spider-Man playfully jokes.