I Am Spider-Man

A week after the whole "Spider-Ham" incident, Fury finally gave Loki a second chance thanks to Spider-Man and Phantom. It took a while for Phantom to convince Thor to let Loki stay on Earth. But Thor finally agreed to let Loki stay under one condition, Thor would be checking on him to make sure Loki doesn't sneak off. Loki reluctantly agreed to the condition, on the agreement that Thor would not tell the Avengers that he was here. Danny still kept his secret identity from his team but the reveal came sooner than expected.

It was during a normal school day or so everyone thought. About a dozen girls were screaming and running to see the poster that Coulson had put up. Danny and Peter went to check out what everyone was staring at, it was a poster for the school's musical auditions. All singing, all dancing, and all Spider-Man and Phantom. The school was doing a musical about Spider-Man and Phantom. Both Peter and Danny's faces went pale seeing the poster.

M.J was the one who wrote the play and she seemed to be proud of her work. She actually told Danny that he should tryout as Spider-Man, Danny looked flustered at what M.J had said. "You're perfect for the role. The world thinks Spider-Man and Phantom are a menace. I know different. My play can change the public's opinion about them." M.J claimed.

Danny never signed up to audition for plays before, mostly because he was always teased about being too nerdy for being in a play. But since M.J thinks he should tryout for Spider-Man, he decided to sign up. Peter still thought that the play wasn't even happening. He went to talk to Coulson about the play and Coulson told him that this play was happening. The drama teacher ended up having the mumps so Coulson was taking over the play. Peter begged him not to do Spidey but two people in drama class had chosen Spider-Man and Phantom.

He already had the script written and the costumes were already sewn. Coulson pulled out a Spider-Man and Phantom costume from his cabinet. Peter took a look at the costumes, he thought that they weren't half bad but Coulson missed the spider on the back of the Spider-Man costume. Coulson claimed that he wasn't the one who made the costumes, he had asked Loki to help with the costumes. "The God of Mischief sewing? There's something you don't hear every day." Peter commented.

Coulson didn't pay attention, he was still working on the songs for the play. Peter stated that he wasn't going to do this play but Coulson had already claimed that Peter was wrong for the part. "I'm wrong for the part of me?" Peter questioned.

"It's not you. It's Spider-Man. But I do need someone to play as Phantom so maybe you could work for that part." Coulson stated.

Auditions for Phantom and Spider-Man were being held in the auditorium and Coulson was the one judging them. Coulson had seen over eighteen people auditioning for Spider-Man and he still hasn't found the right person for the role. Peter and Sam were just watching from the back of the auditorium, thinking that no one would fit the role of Spider-Man. Peter was about to eat his words, the next kid that audition was Flash. Coulson figured that he was perfect for the role of Spider-Man, until he heard Flash's singing then changed his mind. The last person to audition for Spider-Man was Danny, he surprised everyone when he sang the sole song perfectly.

The whole room went pin drop silent after Danny's audition. Flash was the first one the clap then everyone else followed with cheering. Coulson immediately picked Danny for the role of Spider-Man and Flash would be his understudy. Peter practically choked on his own spit hearing those words. "I can't believe it!" Peter shouted.

"I can. He looks better in your costume than you do." Sam stated.

Sam had switched the fake Spider-Man suit with Peter's real suit for Danny to wear. Peter's jaw dropped at Sam's little stunt, he just wanted to see the reaction on Peter's face. Next came the auditions for Phantom, it was the same as Spider-Man and Coulson didn't find anyone to fit the role. Until the next person auditioned and blew Coulson away, he picked the kid to be Phantom. That person was none other than Harry Osborn. Peter's mouth dropped opened again, his best friend as Phantom and Danny as Spider-Man?