Chapter one

"Adam, it's not a huge deal. I'll be back in a year." Shiro tries.

"You going off into space to do who knows what? Were you even going to ask me about it?" Shiros boyfriend Adam growls.

"Well it's just got approved." Shiro tries.

"And you are going to take Keith with you?" Adam jumps back. "Keith?!"

"What's wrong with that?" Shiro asks.

"Hes a child!" Adam states. "I child I watch grow up with us!"

"Hes like our brother I know." Shiro tries. "But who better than him to go with because then at least Matt has someone else his age with."

"You're taking Matt aswell?!" Adam screeches.

"Adam, they are ready for this." Shiro states as he grabs a bag.

"Or are you taking Matt to cover up the fact there's something between you and keith?" Adam growls.

"Adam, this again?" Shiro stops and glares at his boyfriend.

"Come on! You know Keith has feelings for you and you doing all this is you pulling strings that shouldn't be pulled. You are dragging him along!" Adam states.

"Keith and I are brothers and that's all we are and he knows that." Shiro states.

"Shiro he won't talk to you about it. But he confessed to me." Adam states. "I don't want you hurting him up in space for a whole year."

"I'm not hurting anyone."

"Me! You are hurting me!"

They both go silent and glare at one another. It feels like eternity of silence till, "so what do we do now?" Shiro asks.

"Dont expect me to be here when you return." Adam states.

"You're leaving me?" Shiro growls.

"Yes. What's the point of being together if all you are doing is leaving me continuously?"

"Adam-"

"Goodbye Shiro." Adam walks off without another word.

Shiro growls and slams his bag onto the floor. "Son of a bitch!"

....

"Can you believe it? I get to go out into space for a year!" Matt starts finishing up his packing.

"Wish I could go with you." Matt's sister Katie, otherwise known as Pidge, states.

"Wish you could come to." Matt looks over at his sister. "But get this, Keith Kogane is coming with." He adds.

"That boy you got a crush on?" Pidge asks.

"Its not a crush, I just think the kid is pretty cool." Matt tries.

"Matt...You have a thing for him." Pidge stops her brother from trying to cover his lies. "Do you think he likes you back?" She asks.

"I think he has a thing for Shiro." Matt answers, sounding a bit disappointed.

"Hmm."

"But oh well." Matt throws in.

"Ready to go Matt?" Their dad walks in.

"Ready." Matt answers.

"Can I at least come and watch the take off?" Pidge begs.

"Dad?" Matt looks to their dad hopeful.

"Of course!" Their dad answers.

.....

"Is everyone of the crew here?" A man asks as he steps off of a wheeler.

"We are missing one member." Shiro answers looking at the Holts.

"Keith isn't here." Matt answers.

"Yes he is." A voice calls out. Adam and comes walking up with a younger male. "Sorry I kept him too long." He adds.

"Adam-"

"I'm here to talk the boys to be safe. I'm not here for you." Adam interrupts Shiro and walks pass him to talk to the younger males. "Be careful out there and come back in one piece. Same goes for your dad Matt."

"Roger that." Matt answers.

"Got it." Keith answers. Adam gives them both a nod and looks to Keith.

"Remember what I told you." He states to Keith. Keith nods. Adam walks away yo stand next to pidge waving the others goodbye.

The crew hops onto the ship to prepare for take off.