Chapter Two

Shiros p.o.v.

It's already been a month since we left earth and started flying through space.

"Shiro, we are recieving an incoming transmission from earth." Mr. Holt states.

"Allow it." I reply. "Base to Kerboros crew. Come in Shiro."

"Shiro here, what brings in this transmission?" I ask.

"We have not received your report from yesterday." Base states.

"Because there was nothing to report." I try.

"Does not matter keep reporting in so we know you are alive still." Base states. "Report please."

"Nothing new to report." I answer.

"Then we will speak tomorrow." Base states. "Signing off."

"Shiro signing off." I groan and sit back in my seat.

"Getting grumpy down there aren't they?" Mr. Holt states.

"No kidding." I look at him and notice the other two were gone. "Where are Keith and matt?" I ask.

"Doing what they do best." Mr. Holt answers.

"That doesn't make me feel any better." I state and head to the back of the ship. I look for them in Keith's room and there they are. I look and see them both sitting next to each other.

"So what if we ended up jolting th-"

"Boom!"

"Keith let me finish before you answer." Matt states annoyed.

"I'm just saying you do that we all go boom and end up in space to die." Keith answers.

"Why you being a snob?"

"I'm not a snob I'm just moody."

"Hey guys, why don't you two go and scan for life near by. See if we can find a planet to stretch out on." I interrupt them.

"Sure thing." Matt answers.

"Sure." Keith replies. They walk pass me and I grab Keith by the forearm.

"You okay?" I ask.

"Yeah just a bit homesick." He answers.

"Missing Lance and hunk?"

"Yeah." He answers.

"11 more months." Is all that comes out.

"Yeah..." He replies and walks away. I mentally slap myself.

Before the boys can even make it to the scanners are ship starts shaking and flips.

"Whoa!"

We all are thrown to the ground. "What's happening?!" The alarms start to go off.

"Maybe a meteor?" I answer.

"No! We are being attacked!" Mr. Holt shouts.

"By what?!" I ask and make my way to the front of the ship.

"That!" Mr. Holt points to a giant purple and black ship.

"Aliens?" Matt asks.

We hear an explosion and look back to see these giant figures come running onto our ship with gun looking things.

"Get on the ground now!" They order.

I watch as Keith goes for his knife but was stopped by the giant creature smacking him to the floor. "Keith!" I shout and try to make my way over but was thrown to the ground aswell.

Everything goes dark after that.

....
*back on earth*

Adam walks into the living room and sits on the couch, turning on the TV.

"Breaking news. The kerberos mission crew consenting of: Takashi Shirogane, Keith Kogane, Samuel Holt, and Matthew Holt are reported missing in action. The kerberos ship was seen floating in the earth's atmosphere but none of the crew members were found." The news reporter states.

At this adam stands up dropping his glass of water and paperwork.

At the Garrison:

Lance, Hunk, and Pidge stare at the television in horror. Looking at the pictures of pidges brother and father. And the picture of their friend Keith.

"Pidge, you-" Hunk turns around and sees pidge has run off.

"Keith...." Lance stares in complete horror and sadness at his friends picture. "This isn't right...this is a hoax."

"Pidge ran off." Hunk alerts Lance.

"Oh crap!" Lance starts running down the halls.

Pidge storms to the commanding officer of the garrison. "Where are they?!" She shouts.

"Miss Holt i-"

"Call of this hoax now! This isn't funny!" She starts screaming.

"I wish this was a bad joke but they had not reported back in days and the ship being found back in our atmosphere empty....they are-"

"Pidge!" Hunk and Lance interrupt.

"I know that it's the false ship! What did they find that you have to make up this entire lie?!"

"Miss Holt we-"

"Pidge...it's real." Adam comes into the hall. "This isn't fake..."

Pidge stops dead frozen and as if her soul left her body she collapses.

*year passes*

"This is so ridiculous." Lance complains. We will never get our chances to go out to space now."

"They rather avoid anymore odd M.I.A's than send anyone else." Hunk states.

"They won't even send anymore search parties." Pidge pouts.

"Not since the main one went M.I.A...." Hunk states again.

"This sucks...I was hoping by now that I'd be able to go up there on one of the search party missions." Lance jumps back in.

"Same..." Pidge chimes in.

"Did you hear that they are going to have a mourning thing tomorrow for the anniversary of them missing?" Hunk asks.

"Yeah, my mother and I are apart of it." Pidge answers.

"Right...sorry..." Hunk feels like a jerk now.

"Its okay." She replies. "If only we could go up there ourselves to find them." She adds.

"Yeah." Lance agrees.

They all fall silent as they look out upon the setting sun. But that was not long lived. A giant ball of light breaks into sight causing a loud crash. "What in the world?!" Lance screams out.

"Let's go!" Pidge shouts and heads to go to the sight the ball of light crashes.

"Right behind you!" Lance shouts.

"Why can't we just let the adults handle it?!" Hunk whines.