Chapter four

Pidge and Shiro look to one another concerned of how Keith refuses to answer any questions.

"I'll talk to him." Shiro states as he goes after Keith.

He finds the younger male outside on the porch looking out to the empty sandy dessert.

"Ever thought you'd miss this sight?" Shiro asks.

"Nope..." Keith answers. "Still dont." He adds.

"Keith, is there something you're not telling us?" Shiro just comes out with it.

"Nothing to say." Keith replies and refuses to look at his friend.

Shiro sighs and sits on the porch step. "You know whatever happened to you, you shouldn't be ashamed or embarrassed." He tries.

"Nothing really happened, other than I was seperated from other prisoners." Keith begins to get agitated.

"Well if you-"

"I'm fine Shiro!" Keith shouts and storms off.

"Keith..." Shiro grabs keith by the arm.

"Look! I'm not a little kid anymore that kept getting in trouble and needed you to bail me out. Nothing happened other than I wasn't apart of the gladiator matches." Keith growls and yanks his arm away from Shiro. "So stop treating me like I'm that kid from the past." He walks back into the shack, leaving Shiro shocked by the punch of those words.

Keith storms past the others who are gathered in what use to be a livingroom. "Everything okay keith?" Lance asks.

"Fine!" Keith growls and walks out of the room.

"I'm guessing that it's not fine." Pidge jumps in.

"When Keith is like that, nothing is fine." Lance answers. "Its just best to let him be."

Shiro comes walking back in, looking defeated.

"I don't understand. He use to tell me everything." Shiro states, mostly to himself.

"Well you guys were in space and seperated. Maybe Keith just learned how to handle his own issues for once." Lance jumps in. "I mean you use to cover for him all the time when he started fights with me and Griffin and anyone else in general. He was only allowed in the Garrison and to stay there because you kept bailing him out. Maybe now he's learned that he needs to fend for himself at times and work things out on his own." Lance tries.

Shiro looks to Lance, sort of annoyed, but says nothing.

"Some things are worth talking about." Pidge interrupts. "But giving time is important to." She adds.

"Welcome to having teenagers." Lance jumps in.

"Shut up lance." Pidge, Hunk, and Shiro groan annoyed.