Chapter Five

The group had made themselves comfortable in the old shack, that belonged to Keith's family. Everyone had a place to sleep. Keith took over his old bedroom to get away from everyone. Lance, pidge, and Hunk took over the livingroom. Shiro took over Keith's parents old room. He couldn't sleep and didn't want to keep the others up with the lights being on.

Shiro was pacing in the room, trying to remember what he can to try to possibly find the Holts. But nothing that could help was coming back to him.

Shiro was about to give up and turn the lights out when he heard Keith's bedroom door. He stops and listens to hear Keith's footsteps passed his door and through the livingroom. He hears the front door open and close. "Where is he going?" Shiro asks no one in particular.

Shiro follows Keith enough to watch him to the desert hover out further into the desert, towards the caves.

Shiro rushes over to the others. "Lance! lance!" He wakes up the Cuban boy.

"What's going on?" Lance mumbles waking up.

"Keith just took off to the caves. We gotta find him and figure out what's going on." Shiro states and goes to wake pidge. Lance jumps out of bed and wakes Hunk. They explain to the other two what is going on and immediately head to the only other desert hover.

Keith arrives at the caves and looks at a piece of paper. He holds it up to the scenery and finds the one cave he is looking for. "That's where the energy is coming from." He mumbles to himself.

He hops off the hover and heads into the cave.

Shiro and the others find him right as he is entering the cave. "What the heck is he doing?" Lance asks.

"Dont know but we better go find out." Shiro answers.

They follow him into the cave. They find him checking out some of the markings on the walls.

"Keith!" Shiro calls out.

"What are you doing here?!" Keith jumps in surprise.

"What are you doing here?" Lance turns it around.

"Found all this in the shack." Keith answers and throws the papers at them. "My parents were looking or protecting something here, and that something is what these galras are looking for and on their way to get." He explains.

"Those cat creatures that captured us?" Shiro asks.

"Yes. They were talking about something called Voltron." Keith states.

"You think the thing here is that Voltron thing they were all talking about?" Shiro now asks.

"Yes. Well part of it." Keith answers.

"So where is it then?" Lance asks.

"No clue. These marking indicate its here but I don't know where." Keith answers.

Lance walks up to Keith and touches one of the marking on the wall. "A giant lion?" He asks confused. Just as he asks, the walls glow blue and begin to show more markings.

"What did you do?" Keith asks, now worried.

"Nothing!" Lance answers.

Just as he answers the ground under them glows blue and breaks under them. They fall into a pool of water.

"I vote that Lance stops touching walls!" Hunk calls out.

"Agreed." Pidge mumbles.

"Not my fault it's a creepy cave." Lance grumbles.

"Look." Shiro grabs everyone's attention.

There sits a giant blue metal lion. "Anyone else curious of why there's a robot lion hiding in the cave desert?" Hunk now asks.

"Whoever was trying to protect voltron before hand must have placed it here on earth cause it was the furthest planet from the galran planet." Keith answers.

"What's this globe around it?" Lance asks tapping on it. Before anyone can answer the lion roars to life and opens its mouth towards the five of them.

"I'm not going in there." Hunk states.

"I am." Lance states and runs inside.

"Lance wait!" Keith goes after him and Shiro after both. Pidge and Hunk follow Shiro so they aren't left in the caves alone. "Whoa! It's a control room up here." Lance announces.

"A control room in a giant cat head? Anyone else think it's weird?" Hunk asks.

"Its all weird." Pidge answers.

"Do you hear that?" Lance now asks.

"What?" Shiro asks.

"I think this giant lions talking to me." Lance states and grabs the controls.

"Lance, dont-"

Before Keith can finish his sentence the lion jumps into motion and breaks out of the cave.

"Stop! Make it stop!" Hunk cries, feeling sick.

"I cant its like it's on autopilot!" Lance shouts trying to get control.

The whole crew is tossed around as Lance tries to tame this giant beast.

Pidge grabs ahold of Hunk, who is trying not to puke. Keith, loses his balance and falls into Shiro. Shiro, out of instinct, catches him and holds him tight. "Lance get it under control!" Shiro orders.

"I'm trying!" Lance tries and gains control as soon as it is up in the air.

"Why is this thing flying?!" Hunk screams in horror. "I'd like to be back on the ground please!" He begs.

Just then a portal opens up and the lion goes flying through it before Lance can make it change directions.

"Wait! Where are you taking us?!" Lance asks, as if the lion can answer out loud.

"Lance what's going on?!" Shiro asks.

"I think it's trying to go home." Lance answers.