chapter nine

Keith finds pidge outside watching the sun set. "Hey." He greets her.

"Hey." She replies back.

"You okay?" He asks.

"Not really." She replies honestly.

"Me neither." He adds.

They sit in silence for a good few minutes before pidge turns to look at Keith. "You know, he talked about you and Shiro alot." She starts.

"Who?"

"Matt."

"Oh?"

Pidge chuckles a bit. "He talked about you the most."

"He did?" Keith looks to pidge surprised.

"He I think he had a thing for you." She adds.

"He did?" Keith's face turned a slight red. "Oh..."

"Did you and matt, you know?"

"Bond?" Keith asks, getting a head nod. "Kind of. I mean I thought about him and I together but I didn't know he was into me." He adds.

"That's the issue with Matt. He easily proclaimed his feelings to girls but when it came to guys he was always shy." Pidge chuckles.

"I thought he liked Shiro?" Keith states.

"Well he thought you liked Shiro aswell." Pidge points out.

"What?" Keith looks away. "No, hes...he's like a brother..."

"Uh huh..." pidge sighs. "You know it's okay to like both of them." She states. "Just when we find matt, please don't lead him on." She begs.

"I'd never do that." Keith promises.

"Also you should let Shiro know how you feel. It'll be easier." She adds.

"Why?" He asks confused.

"Cause he likes you aswell." She answers.

"How do-"

"The way he looks at you. It's like how he looked at Adam at the beginning. Also he looks at you like how Matt does." She answers.

It goes silent between the two for a good five minutes. "How was Adam doing?" Keith asks.

"He was okay. It was obvious he regretted leaving Shiro before you two disappeared. He worried about both of you." She explains. "Seemed depressed even when your name was brought up."

"Oh..." Keith felt terrible because he had made it back to earth to only end up back in space the next day. Regretting of not letting Adam know he was back and he was alive.

"You think we'll find dad and matt soon?" Pidge asks.

"I hope so." Keith answers. "We better go get some sleep. It's gonna be long day of training tomorrow."

"Right..." pidge agrees and goes back to the castle with Keith. "By the way. I know your secret." She adds.

"What secret?" Keith asks.

"I won't say out loud but I will say this. Not all of you can be evil if you're a chosen paladin of voltron." She answers and starts walking away.

"Wait! How did you-"

"I see how you look when allura talks about them and how Shiro does and how you do." She answers. "You're not all bad."

"Thanks pidge." He sighs.

"But if you do turn on us I will have to kill you." She states.

"Noted." Keith replies and heads to the castle.

That night Keith lies awake in bed, looking into the darkness of the room. His mind racing of the information pidge had given him and wondering how he will tell the others of his secret.

A knock on his door disrupts his train of thoughts. He walks over as the door slides open to reveal Lance. "Hey man. Need to talk with you."

"Okay? Must be pretty important if you're coming to me." Keith replies and sits back on his bed.

"I notice somethings up with you and I'm curious if there's anything I can do." Lance begins. "I mean we are friends and we are also rivals, but mostly friends, and a team now. I think that if there's secrets between us then the team can't bond aswell." He looks to Keith to find if he is angry, instead he mentally hits himself because he sees Keith trying to hide his face in his bangs and try not to look Lance in the eyes.

"I'm just....I'm just not ready to share." Keith states.

"Okay, sorry. It's just I notice lately you haven't been the Keith I know before the Kerboros mission." Lance adds.

"I know. But there's nothing to talk about on that subject." Keith states, getting annoyed.

"Well I'm here if you need to talk." Lance points out.

"Thanks." Keith replies, annoyed.

Lance goes to leave but Keith groans knowing Lance came in the room for more than that.

"What's wrong with you? Spill it." Keith stops Lance, verbally.

"I miss home already. Like, when are we gonna go back? Did the Garrison already inform them that I'm missing? How is she doing? Everything like that." Lance begins.

"Wish I could say I know what you mean but..." Keith looms away.

"Shit, I'm sorry. I forgot. I'm such a jerk..." Lance stumbles on.

"Lance!" Keith stops him. "Its fine. It's completely fine." He assures him.

"Well sorry to keep you awake see you in the morning." Lance states as he walks out the room, leaving Keith with his own thoughts again.

"I cant tell them. Not now...not ever..." Keith states as he looks at his knife. "They wouldn't understand like Pidge does." He rewraps the blade in the clothe, coving up a purple glowing symbol.