chapter seven

"Altea?" Shiro asks, confused.

"Our home planet. It seems it was destroyed by the galra." Coran answers.

"Then what planet are we on?" Lance asks. But before anyone can answer Lance, a squeeking noise gets their attention. Allura goes back to the sleeping pods and sees mice in there.

"Hello friends." She greets happily.

"I wonder if the castle will boot up." Coran states as he walks out of the room. The others just decide to follow him. He leads them to the main bay, the control room, otherwise called the bridge. "Hopefully there isn't too much damage to the castle." Coran starts messing with things. The lights turn on and other monitors appear. "There she is up and running."

"You said the blue lion brought you here?" Allura turns to the humans infront of her.

"Yeah." Lance answers. "Can you explain why it was speaking to me?"

"You have been chosen to be the Paladins of Voltron." Allura answers.

"Voltron?" Keith looks to Allura horrorified. "That thing the galra talked about?"

"You know of the galra?" Allura asks, sounding ready to attack Keith.

"Shiro and I were captured by them, along with two other crew members." Keith answers.

"How did you escape?" Allura asks. "Was it the blue lion?"

"No, some aliens saying they belong to the rebels." Shiro answers. "Keith and I returned to earth but not the other two. We then found the lion and it brought us here."

"You are the only hope for the galaxy then. You have all been chosen to be voltron and save the universe if the galra empire. The lions are what will help you form voltron."

"What lions? Plural?" Lance jumps in.

"Yes, the blue lion must have chosen you. Being as you mentioned it spoke to you." Allura states.

"Are the other lions here?" Shiro now asks.

"Just the black lion and now the blue lion. The others my father scattered across the universe to protect them and the galaxy." She explains. "I can tell you which lion belongs to who and where they are." She adds. She then brings up a hologram of the universe that fills the entire room.

"The green lion is located on this jungle planet. Which makes sense since it is the spirit of the forest. The pilot of the lion will be you pidge." She shows an image of the lion to the young paladin.

"A nature spirit, that doesn't seem too much like me." Pidge mumbles.

"Lance, you have already found yours so no need to explain." Allura states and moves on. "Hunk, your lion is the yellow lion, which is hidden on this planetoid." She explains.

"Uh okay." Hunk replies.

"Well good news is those are peaceful planets, you two shouldn't have issues retrieving your lions then." Coran jumps in.

"Keith, your lion is the red one. Although it's temper is a bit hot-headed. It is the right hand man of the leader. Unfortunately the red lion isn't as easy as the others to gain its respect. You must earn it." Allura explains. "Another unfortunate statement is I cannot locate the red lion." She looks to Shiro. "You pilot the black lion, the leader of voltron. And fortunately for you the black lion is here, like I mentioned before. But unfortunately we cannot access the lion till the other four are present."

"Well Hunk and Lance can go and retrieve the yellow lion using the blue lion. Pidge and I will go retrieve the green lion. But how will we get there?" Shiro jumps in.

"We have some shuttles that can get you to the planet through a portal." Allura answers.

"Shiro, what about me?" Keith asks.

"You stay here and help try to locate the red lion, when you locate it go after it and we will join you after." Shiro replies.

"Wait what? Go on my own?" Keith asks, a bit shocked.

"You'll be fine." Shiro states as he places his hand on Keith's shoulder.

After everyone suits up, Keith watches as the others go off to retrieve the other lions.

"So how are you able to track the lions down?" Keith asks allura.

"My life force is tied to the lions. In a way." Allura answers.

"I see." Keith replies not really knowing how to respond.

Allura stares at Keith, her instincts telling her Keith isn't what he says he is.

"So, you were captured by the galra?" Allura asks, trying to figure out why she has a eery sense about Keith.

"Yeah." Keith answers.

"What all did you gather of them?" She asks.

"Zarkon isn't one to mess with." Keith answers.

"You've met zarkon?" Coran now asks.

"Personally....you might say." Keith replies. He shakes the thoughts out of head. "I don't want to talk about it." He states.

"I found it!" Allura exclaims. "Oh quiznack..."

"What?" Keith asks.

"Its aboard a galra battle cruiser...."

At this Keith's chest tightens and it becomes hard to breathe again.

"We definitely will need the others to retrieve the red lion at this point." Allura states.

"Just in time!" Coran points out to the others returning.

The others walk into the bridge, Hunk and Lance whinning about the galra they had to fight.

"We located the red lion." Allura announces to them.

"Great, where?" Shiro asks.

"On a galra ship." Keith answers.

"That's not good..." Shiro states.