chapter eleven

"Wait, who's son? And what is a kit?" Keith asks.

Before the other male could answer the others appeared and started to attack.

"Wait! I am not here to fight." He explains.

"Then how did you find this castle and why break in?!" Allura shouts.

"I have been guarding the castle. I am ulaz." He reveals his face, showing he is a galra. "I am a member of the blade of Mamora. We are a clan that are full of galra that fight against Zarkon. We have been watching the lions for decafebs. Making sure Zarkon doesn't find them." He explains. "I was assigned to protect the black lion which was here in the castle all along." He adds.

"Then why make yourself known now?" Allura asks.

"You gathered the lions and took the red one from Zarkon. He will come for the lions, tracking the lions to here. You need to leave. You will be a sitting target here."

"Why should we listen to you? For all we know you could be working for Zarkon and tricking us." Allura growls. "Paladins, place this galra in the holding cells!" She orders.

"Wait." Keith stops them. "I know him." He adds.

"How?" Shiro asks.

"He was there when I escaped Zarkon. He helped me escape." Keith explains.

"If he was assigned to watch the castle why was he helping you escape?" Allura growls.

"I was told there was a certain prisoner on Zarkons ship that needed to be rescued, one that was destined to be a paladin of voltron." He explains. He hands Keith back his knife. "I'll answer your questions when the time is right." He answers.

"We might want to hear him out." Shiro tries.

"He could give us some vital information." Pidge agrees.

"Fine!" Allura growls. "But the moment you step put of line I will kill you myself!" She threatens and storms off.

"I'm not very keen to this idea either but if we can get information about Zarkon, it's best to get it from the source." Coran states. "But just so you know, I am a master at-"

"Coran, I don't think that will be necessary." Shiro kindly interrupts.

"Fine then but I'm watching you." Coran glares at Ulaz.

"I can get the information, Shiro." Keith jumps in. "I won't let him get away." He adds.

"Are you sure?" Shiro asks.

"I'll stay with Keith if that helps." Pidge insists.

Shiro sighs and ponders for a minute. "Fine but if he-"

"We know, we know, call for back up right away if he attacks or escapes." Pidge interrupts Shiro and follows Keith and ulaz outside of the castle.

Shiro looks to Lance, who looks as concerned as he felt. "Does it seem like Keith is pulling away from everyone?" Shiro asks.

"Kind of." Lance answers.

When ulaz, Keith, and pidge are away from everyone else; Keith decides to ask his questions. "You know who my parents were? What's a kit?"

"Your father was a human your mother fell in love with in the past. She mentioned him alot and how she had a son named Keith. So no I didn't know your father. I just know your mother." Ulaz explains.

"You mean knew?" Pidge jumps in.

"No. Know." Ulaz states.

"She's alive?" Keith asks.

"Krolia? Yes." Ulaz answers.

"What's a kit?" Keith asks.

"Young galra." Ulaz answers.

"Uh I don't know if you read the room back there but the others have-"

"No idea their team member is galra? Yes I know." Ulaz states.

"Let's not say anything to them then." Pidge gives Ulaz a questioning look.

"Are you afraid you will not be accepted?" Ulaz asks.

"They Hate all galra." Keith mumbles.

"I see." Ulaz looks to pidge. "How do you seem to be fine with this then? Shouldn't you be hating all galra for what happened to your brother and father?"

"How di-"

"You look like matt." Ulaz stops her.

"Do you know wh-"

"No." Ulaz does it again.

"Do you know where my mother is?" Keith asks.

"I haven't heard from her last position." Ulaz answers. "Kolivon probably has."

"Who's kolivon?" Keith asks.

"Leader of the blades." Ulaz answers. "That blade belongs to krolia, a member. Which means you're one of us. But you'll be too busy with voltron to be apart of the blade."

"Not so sure...." Keith mumbles to himself.

"So, is there anything I may be able to help with to get the castle moving?" Ulaz asks.

"We should ask Allura." Pidge states. They all head to the bridge to find the others.

"Ah, number 5 and 4. Just intime. New mission." Coran starts. "Hunk and I ate going to a Balmera planet. We need a giant crystal to have the castle up and going fast."

"What about the rest of us." Lance asks.

"Keep a look out for Zarkons army. If Ulaz is correct, we will be needing some defending." Coran explains.

"I'll help around here aswell." Ulaz jumps in.

"No thank you..." Allura growls.

"Princess,-"

"I don't trust him!" Allura shouts.

"Keith, Ulaz, and I can go keep watch for zarkons army." Shiro jumps in. "Lance and pdge stay with the princess."

"Got it." Lance agrees.

"Ok." Pidge is next.

Everyone goes to do their thing.

Ulaz sticks close to Keith. "Does he know?"

"No." Keith answers ulaz.

"Why haven't you told him?" Ulaz asks. "You seem infatuated with him."

"Let's not." Keith stops him.

"Ulaz, when do you think that zarkon will come for the castle and lions?" Shiro asks.

"Any time now. He seemed to be in a rush to find you all since you took the red lion." Ulaz answers.

"I don't think he'd be coming exactly." Keith states. "My guess is he's sending a fleet that is near by."

"Why is that?" Shiro asks.

"Just seems like something a war lord would do." Keith answers, refusing to look at Shiro.

"Does not matter." Ulaz jumps in. "We must stay ready."