chapter ten

The next morning all the Paladins load up in their lions and begin their training outside in them.

Coran, speaking to them through their headsets to help them train. Coran basically their team bonding coach.

However, the team isn't doing so hot.

In summary:

Keith and lance begin to compete on who can bond with their lion faster. Causing them to fail every task.

Pidge getting frustrated and wanting to quit immediately.

Hunk getting sick and also wanting to quit.

Shiro, on the other hand, mastering his bonding tasks.

The only task he cannot master is the team bonding in general.

"All this lion training will get us no where if you all cannot work as a team." Coran begins. "Time to return to the castle and begins actual team bonding training."

The Paladins enter the castle and meet coran in the training deck.

"More fight? How is that-"

"Please number three, we do not have time for whinning." Coran interrupts him. "I hope you don't mind but I have numbered you based off your heights and will refer to you as those numbers." He begins.

"Wait! I'm number three?!" Lance looks to see Hunk and Shiro and mentally measures himself to them. Feeling partly disappointed.

"Yes, well let's begin. Put these on." He hands out tech head bands that show your thoughts. "Gather and sit in a circle and think of a place that calms you or something that does and then begin to think of voltron. Begin to listen to your lions, let them lead you on the mental path to bonding."

Images of everyone's comfort places appear. But Keith and pidge have issues keeping those thoughts up. Pidge begins to think of matt. Thus revealing the last memory she had with him before he left.

Keith tries to fight his thoughts from appearing. The memories of the galra, the secret he holds dear, things he is afraid to reveal.

"Number 4 and 5, I'm not seeing much success!" Coran startles them.

"This is stupid!" Pidhe shouts and slams the head piece onto the floor. "I don't need anyone digging in my head!" She shouts.

"Yeah I don't feel comfortable." Keith states, taking his off.

"Well that's too bad!" Allura shouts. "We need you all to bond and form voltron! You must bond with the other paladins!" She starts barking.

"Look, you may be ready to act as if you are ready to safe the entire universe or whatever but we have our own problems going on!" Pidge growls.

"Okay, let's just take a moment to-"

"No, pidge is right!" Keith interrupts Shiro. "We all may have been friends back on earth but Shiro you even need to admit it's not the same anymore. And there's things others don't want people seeing."

"What are you talking about keith?" Allura now asks, sounding a bit guilty.

"Its nothing!" He shouts. "I'm going to my room." He states as he walks away.

Pidge waits till he is out of the area and looks to everyone else. "Look, I'm the last person Keith would ever come to about what's going on but I know something is bothering him alot and forcing this isn't going to help him join the team. He's not the Keith we once knew." She explains. "And I need to find my brother and father. not sit here and continue these playdates." She begins to leave the training room.

Allura looks to the others stunned. Shiro sharing that expression.

"Emo boy go even more emo...who knew space would do that?" Lance tries to break the seriousness but gains glares instead.

"What is emo? Is that a new alien race that has appeared since I've been sleeping?" Allura asks confused.

"No its....well....it's hard to explain." Lance states.

"I'll go talk to them." Shiro assures her and leaves the training room aswell.

"Well I think it's time for some food goo." Hunk goes to leave but allura stops him.

"Oh no. You two are going to continue your training!" Allura assures them.

"Oh come on!" Keith whines.

Shiro finds pidge sitting in the lounging room, with the mice. "Some rage session." Shiro teases, startling pidge.

"Oh yeah. Sorry it's just she's so demanding..." pidge states.

"Wanna explain how you and Keith are on the same thought process?" Shiro asks.

"Actually. I think that's for Keith to answer." Pidge states. "You might want to go talk with him. He's hurting worse than I am." She explains.

"Uh, okay?" Shiro makes his way to Keith's room.

"I don't want to talk shiro!" Keith shouts from the door.

"How did you know it was me?" Shiro asks.

"Because Lance's footsteps aren't the same as yours and neither is pidges." Keith answers.

"Right...." Shiro inhales and exhales, readying himself for this talk. "Keith I think it's time we talk about what's really going on with you." He tries. "It might help the team bond and form voltron."

"Not today..." Keith replies.

"Keith..."

"NOT TODAY SHIRO!" Keith shouts in anger.

"Okay fine." Shiro replies partly hurt. He begins to walk away when the alarms go off.

"The castle is under attack!" Alluras voice rings through the castle.

Keith is immediately out of his room. "To your lion!" Shiro orders and Keith nods and heads to reds hanger.

"They're in the castle!" Allura shouts again.

Before Keith can turn around to find the others he runs into a tall built figure. He lands hard on the ground, the taller and bigger figure unmoved. "Uh guys, I think I found him." Keith states.

"Hold on Keith, we are coming to you." Shiro states as the others follow him to the lions hanger.

Keith pulls out his bayard to reveal his sword.

"I am not here to fight." The figure in all purple armor states.

"How'd you get in here?!" Keith demands to know.

"I heard voltron was found and noticed the castle I have been guarding is almost fully up and going." The figure states.

Keith growls. "You've been here this whole time?! I'll kill you before the rest of your race show up!" He begins attacking.

The figure defends himself, trying not to use any lethal moves. "I am not here to fight." He states again.

"I'm not letting my guard down!" Keith states and pulls out his other knife to fight.

The figure manages to steal it away and knock Keith to the floor, making Keith's helmet fall off.

The figure unwraps the blade. He gasps in horror. "Where did you get this?!" He demands to know.

"Its mine. It's all I have of my mother! Give it back!" Keith shouts.

"A kit...." is all the figure can manage to state.

"A what?" Keith now lowers his voice, not understanding what's going on.

"You're her son. You're a half breed kit. A paladin of voltron a half breed galra!"