chapter twelve

"Princess, we have a slight problem." Coran speaks into the speaker.

"Yes and what would that be?" Allura asks.

"The galra have taken over the balmera and have hurt the creature so much that there is only one crystal big enough for the castle. But it's severally guarded and not dug up yet." Coran explains. "The balmerians are enslaved aswell."

"Pidge and I can go help." Lance suggests.

"Then the castle is less defended." Allura points out.

"What if I just go?" Pidge suggests.

"That could work." Allura thinks about it.

"If a lion is brought here I'm more than afraid of it being captured." Coran states.

"I take a pod." Pidge suggests.

"No weapons on the pods." Coran points out.

"You'll have to-"

"I'll go!" Ulaz announces.

"I don't think it be a good idea. Not with the galra destroying that planet. They probably won't trust you." Shiro states.

"That's a risk I'll have to take." Ulaz responds but is knocked to his feet as soon as there was a giant boom.

They all three look up and see a giant object hurdling into the planet.

"What is that?!" Keith asks.

"One of Hagars monsters." Ulaz answers.

"Who?" Shiro asks.

"Zarkons witch." Keith answers.

"How do you know this?" Shiro now asks.

"No time for that. Get to the lions, you need to fend off this creature." Allura orders.

"Right." Shiro agrees but looks to Keith, wanting to know how he knows all of this.

"Lance! Pidge! Let's go!" Keith shouts as he runs to his lions.

"Right behind you, keith!" Lance responds.

"Already on it." Pidge jumps in.

"Hunk we need you and coran to try to hurry, we need voltron!" Allura states.

"Easier said than done princess!" Hunk shouts in terror.

"We fend off the creature till you return. It can't be that hard to defeat." Shiro states.

The black, green, red, and blue lions are ready to go. The Paladins make it outside as soon as the creature crashes to the ground.

"Ulaz, keep allura safe!" Keith orders without thinking.

"On it!" Ulaz responds with no hesitation and heads to alluras location.

"I thought Shiro was the leader?" Lance asks.

"Sorry, Shiro. It...it just slipped out." Keith states.

"Its fine Keith. Its good that you take charge. You're my right hand man. When I can't I expect you to do what I cant." Shiro responds.

"Guys! Now isn't the time to bond!" Pidge states. "Safe that for later!"

The creature appears and it's huge. Shiro gasps at the sight of it.

"What's the matter?" Keith asks.

"I thought I killed him." Shiro states.

"Who is it?" Keith asks.

"Someone I fought in the arena. I defeated him." Shiro answers.

"If you killed him, why is he here?" Lance asks.