Prologue and Chapter One

A Few Weeks before Amanda and Leo's 14th Birthday

What most people don't know about Angelina is that her family has a lot of... longevity in it...

And so, a few weeks before Amanda Ellerby and Leo Fitzpatrick's 14th birthday, she sat and thought about how she has less to do with her long life. Well, besides all the jobs she has around town.

She never had time to think about a time where she didn't have her powers. But now that Grace has her own powers, Angelina remembers something and rushes to see Grace...

Chapter One

Grace's POV

'I have a lot to learn.' Sometimes I have trouble remembering why. But that's why I have my friends. I must say that they are no ordinary friends. And they are a couple of years older than me, but I know they would help me in any way possible. Even when you don't know how it's going to turn out, I have to learn to trust them, even Angelina.

Now that my training with Angelina had the chance to swing into motion, I get it now when Angelina first told me that it wouldn't be what I had expected. It's not that I don't like working with all these different enchants and Portable Souls, I really do. It's just that it's a lot of things to remember. No wonder why Angelina still doesn't know the answer of many people's questions. In their perspective, she seems to know everything about everything. I, on the other hand, have the chance to see life through her eyes.

The first time I saw the Portable Souls in the back of Angelina's store, I actually thought they looked like little mailboxes stuck to a wall. It turns out that that's what they are. Angelina had taught me the basics of the Portable Souls or PS's, how they represent all of the characteristics and enchantments of everyone known in Willow Falls. There's one PS for each Willow Falls resident. But what I find the coolest about these are that the people who are closest have their PS's closer together. Not necessarily a family tree, though. I'm actually fascinated by these PS's. I mean, they kind of make me feel complete when I look at them.

One day, I decide to draw a mini diagram of how I connect to some of these PS's when Angelina decides it's the absolute perfect time to interrupt my artwork.

I mess up David's name when Angelina startles me. I turn around to Angelina, who is eyeing me like a hawk. "Sorry, what did you just say?"

"Let's go over the benediction. You know, the one used every time a baby is born? You know the one for their health and protection? The one-"

"Yes, I get the point. I know which one you're talking about."

"Wonderful! Let's see how well you recite it, all right?"

So then I stand up, take a deep breath and start reciting the stream of words that make the residents of Willow Falls less likely to catch the common flu. I really hope I get this right for once. I turn around towards the PS's for their reassuring look of being filled with life. I finish reciting the benediction's practice speech, only to mess up on the last couple of words. Huh, maybe next time... But as I finish reciting it, some sort of strong wind force flies past both Angelina and me to the walls of PS's, and knocks over Amanda and Leo's PS's. The mysterious force also makes a few other Portable Souls around them shake a little.

I look over to Angelina, to find her standing there, face pale, like she had just seen a ghost.

"Don't you worry about it, darling. I will stick Amanda and Leo's PS's as soon as possible." Her voice tightens, as she walks me to the door.

As I walk towards home, I can feel it in my bones that I've done something terrible, although I don't know what...

A/N: I just remembered that I typed out the first two parts of the story, and when I remembered, I rushed to the computer to go ahead and dig them out of my documents. I'm so happy that I kept this fanfiction around on my laptop, or else this chapter wouldn't be here right now!

I really hope you have enjoyed reading this chapter! I know it was quite short, and I promise that the next one will be a little longer at the very least! But for now, this is what I have available!

Remember to vote, comment and follow!

Thx