Chapter Ten

"Happy birthday Leo."

"Happy birthday to you too Amanda." He smiles back.

"Hold on a second." I warn, and as he braces himself, I yell up the stairs, remembering that there's another random stranger at our house. "Kylie!! Someone's here to see you!"

I don't even know if she is outside jogging around the neighborhood, but I don't feel like looking for her.

Luckily, she comes racing down the stairs, smiling. I can tell she has been waiting for the boy's arrival since her straight hair looks even straighter than usual.

"Hi Owen!" She smiles to him warmly. "This is Amanda, my little sister and her um... well, this is Leo." I can't even blame her for being confused right now; I'm confused myself! But Owen's names sounds way too familiar right now to be ignored.

Owen smiles back at us anyways. I ask my now-angel-later-devil sister where our parents are. I know they would probably be at Apple Grove preparing for our party, but I just want to be sure. Can't pass up a good opportunity to pin point their exact location...

"Mom and Dad are at Apple Grove. So are Leo's parents." She replies with her as-a-matter-of-fact tone in her voice.

Leo is already inching his way towards the front door, indicating that he wants to leave soon. I tell Owen that it was nice to get to meet him in person but my friend is getting restless. As Leo helps me down the front stairs, I remember why Owen's name seemed so recognizable to me. Kylie mentioned his name last year when she told me that he thought she got mad too easily! I mentally thank Owen for making it easier to live and speak to Kylie without anyone bursting into madness.

Once we get down the front steps, we turn around the corner and begin to make our way to Apple Grove.

A/N: hey everyone! Glad to see that so many of you liked yesterday's chapter, so I wanted to make sure you got one to read today! School's out for me, just exams left. How about you guys? Still school? Let me know in the comments; I'm curious!

Anyways, I hope you liked this chapter, even though it was a little shorter than the usual. I'll try to update as soon as possible with a longer chapter than this one. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have the time to type up another chapter for you to read! Thanks so much for the lovely comments! It's such a pleasure to read them!

Until next time, remember to vote, comment and keep on writing!