Chapter Thirteen

WARNING: THIS IS THE LAST CHAPTER THAT I HAVE WRITTEN, BUT FORTUNATELY, I'M SPLITTING IT INTO A FEW SUB-CHAPTERS FOR YOU TO ENJOY! :)

I have not really thought of what to wear to Apple Grove this evening until now. I'm in my room for any ideas of what I should be wearing tonight. How could I have missed that one detail? Is the party casual, more hip, romantic even? I go downstairs in hopes to find my mom. Instead, I see my dad at the kitchen table, preparing himself a coffee. Good enough for me, I think to myself.
"Hey dad? What exactly is the theme for tonight? What are we going for? The 80's? Something regal?" I ask straightaway.
"Are you asking me this because you don't know what you want to wear?"
"I guess so."
"Well, you should probably go for something casual then. Like that dress I saw your mother get you for your birthday the other day. The blue one. Leo will sure like that one!" He jokes around.
"Whatever." I mumble, not really getting his joke. Sometimes I can't tell whether my father is joking around or not. This is one of those times.
I return back to my room and rummage through my closet to see where on earth I put that dress. It's a little wrinkled at the bottom edge but I guess it'll do. I slip it on and wait downstairs for my parents to finish scrambling with last minute preparations. I'm about to turn on the television out of boredom when I hear a light chime noise from my phone. I look at it and see it's from Leo.
Leo: c u soon! We'll meet at your house!
Amanda: okay. C u in a bit.
I set my phone down and go and lay on my bed for a few minutes, thinking of what to expect out of the party tonight. I decide to get a head start to go downstairs again before Leo comes over. My parents are still rushing and running around the house gathering up their remaining items needed at the party.
~~~
On the way to Apple Grove, I search my mind for a reason why Angelina would want to come to our party tonight. I come up blank. I turn to Leo. "When you think about it, nothing much happened this year concerning Angelina and Grace."
"That should be good news then."
"Yeah I guess... You know what they say--no news is good news!"
"Sure, but that's when you aren't speaking of Angelina!"
I blink. "What do you mean?"
"What I mean is, no news from Angelina can most likely mean that something's up, which is the opposite of what you just said."
I think about this. "You're right! Maybe something's happening. But for tonight, let's just concentrate on our fun, not Angelina's."
A/N: hey guys! Sorry that this chapter is so late. I didn't mean to keep you guys waiting! More to come in a couple of days though!
I hope you liked this small chapter! And coming in the next one will be the party--the moment we've all been waiting for!
Until next time, remember to vote, comment and keep on writing!
Thx