Chapter Seventeen

A/N: hey guys! Thanks so much for 1k reads! And without further ado, I present to you chapter seventeen!
~~~
I have so much to ask her, but I start with the simplest. "How do you know that I said that to him?"
"Trust me, I know."
Tara cuts in. "Um, sorry to ruin this awesome moment but it was Amanda who gave this idea, she didn't actually make the choice to name this place Willow Falls. I'm pretty sure that was still up to Alexander Smithy."
Grace nods slowly. "I guess so. I didn't think about that until now that you mention it."
"How did you find out about what happened at Angelina's party anyways?" I ask. I'm guessing he knew this question was going to come up in this conversation because Grace replies quickly. "Angelina filled me in on everything that happened on your trips to the past a few months after my training began."
"And how does she know who I talked to the day of her party?"
The others are still listening intently as Grace rambles on. "Duh! Whatever you guys did in the past affected how the people there remember things in the future! Angelina must have remembered seeing you and Leo there!" Grace squeals once more, and then she skips away, clearly still excited.
I turn around to see Tara and Rory, still wide-eyed and wearing blank expressions. Leo on the other hand, looks delighted. Before I have the chance to tell him to chill out a little, Mrs. Fitzpatrick comes over and asks us to join everyone on the wooden dance floor they worked so hard to set up during the day. I tell her that we'll be right there.
Once she disappears back into the crowd, I finally notice Leo peeking into the box that Angelina had given to us earlier. Knowing that curiosity is getting to him, I let him open the box. Five seconds later, all of us are staring at the prettiest set of crutches I've ever seen, which is weird to say about a set of crutches in the first place.
But this set seemed real special. It looks like its been made of some sort of mystical pink wood. It is carved to leave no way to catch a splinter, and I'm pretty sure its a handcraft.
"Oh my goodness, Leo, this is so cool. Here, pass them over to me. I want to try them out."
Leo hands them over, and he helps me switch them out with the crutches I'm currently using. I hobble around with the new ones. They don't quite hurt my hands the way they used to with the old ones. And the section where I am to grip my hands onto are cushioned with a soft felt. These are really amazing crutches.
"You seem to be enjoying yourself." Rory confirms.
"Yup."
We party a little more with the others. Later on that night, when the party is over, I arrive home and flop onto my bed, dead tired. I smile to myself.
A/N: one more little note, I wanted to warn you guys that the next chapter will sadly be the last, and that its going to be a little shorter than the others.
But let's keep the smiles! ;)
Until next time, remember to vote, comment and keep on writing.
(I'm leaving to vacation from monday until Friday, so I'll be gone for a little while... :D)