Chapter Twelve

After our parents are well informed of our departure, we take the bus over to the Willow Falls Community Center. Once there, we find Bucky Whitehead sitting at his usual seat near the window. He waves us over. "Amanda and Leo... What brings you here today? Oh my! Amanda, what on earth happened to your leg?"

"Accidental stair injury." I mutter, handing him the parcel still in my hands.

"Take it easy, now will ya?" Bucky's already tearing the brown wrapping open. Inside, we are all staring at a gold watch, brand new. "Ah, she finally fixed it!" He seems pleased as he slips it onto his wrist.

Okay, so it's not new...

"Bucky, it looks brand new," Leo remarks, stealing my words.

"It does, now doesn't it?" Bucky says, still grinning. "Angelina promised to fix it a few days after I first proposed on her 18th birthday. I've never thought I'd see this old trinket again."

"It must mean a lot to you." I say, finally finding my voice.

"Yes. It sure does... Oh and happy birthday to you two! Fourteen, correct?"

We nod. Leo asks curiously, "How did you know it's our birthday today?"

"Angelina told me 'bout it weeks ago. She's very excited to hear that your party is at Apple Grove this year."

"Well, we didn't have much of a choice. Angelina kinda influenced our parents by saying Apple Grove brings back a whole bunch of memories and stuff like that." Leo points out. "And we wanted to have our party this year to be at the bowling alley to make up for the money they lost last year during Grace's frozen state." I'm glad that we both remembered that small detail.

"Well sometimes Angelina can be rather persuasive. I bet you two are like that as well, considering you guys are not at school right now." Bucky remarks.

"Oh, that's all because of the broken knee!" We both inform him at the same time.

"Alright, as long as you're not doing this out of mischief. Well, it was nice talking to you kids. You tell Angelina thanks again for fixing my watch."

And with that he gets up and walks to the bulletin for a peek at the Willow Falls News updates. I certainly wouldn't be expecting anything new in Willow Falls though, besides the occasional new ballet class recitals, but nowadays you won't know with Angelina. She's always got her ways, even without her powers.

A/N: hey everyone! I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter!

I'm afraid to announce that there are only a few chapters left for me left that I already have written last year (prewritten). For those of you who are new to the fanfiction, I started this story with something that I have started writing last year with the hopes of finishing it, but sadly I didn't because of my terrible lack of perseverance. Besides, I had to admit that I was getting a little bored of my ideas. So this fanfiction will be ending sadly quite soon, but go check out my previous chapters for the information if you are interested in writing a sequel to what I have started.

If you are interested in reading something of mine that I'll be writing until the very end, please go check out my story Alteration! It's not a fanfiction, it's a young adult novel that I have started writing. So please check that out if you're interested!

And until next time, remember to vote, comment and keep on writing!

Thx