Chapter Five

Amanda's POV

"You wrote a book?!" I exclaim, a little louder than intended. "It must have taken you forever..."
"You're definitely right about that; it did take a long time to write. Three years to be exact. It's the story of the fight and how we made up again. That whole crazy adventure. But I didn't actually write it by myself." He explains, now sitting down next to me.

"What? How--" I begin.

He stops me. "Rory and Tara helped me. They wanted me to take all the credit for some reason. Not sure why, though. I started the book 3 years back and we met the two of them and there you have it!" He points at the book in my hands and grins. This makes me forget all the doubt he's been troubling me with these days!

I do the one thing that comes to my mind, and so I hug him. And as we part, he kisses me on the cheek. I silently groan. It's not that I don't like it, because it does feel kind of nice. It's just that I still like to think of us as best friends and not a couple. Leo obviously doesn't think like that.
The problem at school is that since I told Stephanie about our first kiss on the beach, she spilled to some of her gymnastics friends. Then word got out and here we are. I don't think Stephanie would've done it on purpose; she was just excited. Besides, she's been my other best friend besides Leo for practically my whole life.

"If you want to come over right now, I'll go get your gift in my room." I tell him, switching the subject back to the gifts.
"Yeah, why not? Can't pass up a good walk to my BFF's house."

The walk to my house is starting out to be pretty quiet. Some people are barbecuing outside and I can see Leo's mouth watering as we glance over to somebody across the street holding fresh off the grill burger patties. He's about to wander off, probably to ask them if they could spare one, but I grab him by the arm and pull him back on track.
"What was that for?" He whines.
"You can't just go around asking people to give up their burgers!"
"Well maybe... Maybe I wasn't going to ask for a burger..." He says instead, laughing.
I sigh. "My dads doing a barbecue anyways, remember?" I wave my hand in front of his face. "Well have plenty of burgers there!"
He laughs with me, and we keep walking!

A/N: Hey guys! Hope you had the chance to check out the first chapter of Alteration! If not, go check it out in my works! I worked really hard on this novel!
Anyways, be on the lookout for my review of Graceful soon on this story! It should be posted by tomorrow!
Remember to vote, comment and follow!
Thx