Chapter Three

Chapter Three: Amanda's POV

On the car ride home, Tara asks me if I think Angelina is saying the truth about Grace.

"I think so," I respond with a nod. "I just don't think that she is giving the whole story, as usual." Normally, I would totally start freaking out since it's Angelina.  She always leaves out the most important of information. But my birthday and Leo's is tomorrow, and we're having the party at Apple Grove. I plan to spend lots of time with him since he is leaving for Chicago for his family trip two days after the party. Well, maybe we're going to spend the time with the members of the TAG Club. There are not too many people in this club: David, Tara, Rory, Connor, Ray, Grace, Angelina, Leo and myself. Others at school think that TAG means the Talented Arts and Games Club. But what it really means is Team Angelina & Grace Club.

We ensure that not just anyone can end up joining. We test them. First we bring them to Apple Grove and say something like, "smell all those wonderful apples!" Then we take them to Angelina's Sweet Repeats and Collectibles and ask them, "What do you see inside?" That'll do them some good. Only people involved with Angelina or in some cases, with Grace, can smell apples at Apple Grove and see the "bric-a-brac" mess in Angelina's store.

Ray suddenly interrupts my deep thoughts and says, "Time to go now, mate! It's London to the brick that we don't have all our arvo here!"

I stare blankly at Ray. I like to think he exaggerates his accent just to annoy me, but nobody can be that Australian. Can they?

David and I both turn over to Tara, waiting for the constant translations. She starts explaining, "It's certain that we don't have all afternoon here. I think he means that we're here!" She rolls her eyes while gesturing her hand over to the window.

"Oh! I didn't realize! Sorry! Bye guys!" Gosh. I often tend to daydream too much; this time, I didn't even realize that we had arrived at Leo's house already!

I climb the steps and ring the doorbell. Mrs. Fitzpatrick answers the door.

"Hi darling!" She steps forward and squeezes me tight. I somehow manage to get some of my hair in my mouth. I spit it out. Yuck! Somehow, I'm able to choke out a hello to her.

"Oops, sorry honey! I didn't mean to almost kill you! Sorry, let me call down Leo. Come in!" She steps aside as I get inside.

As soon as she closes the door behind me, I race up the stairs to Leo's bedroom. I find him at his desk, hard at work in his poetry book. He doesn't know I'm in the room. I look over to see what he's writing about.

The only world I can make out are "leaving for Chicago," because he immediately closes his book when he realizes I'm there.

"Did I do something wrong?" I ask him, as he grasps to keep his composure after I surprised him.

"Nah, it's just not um... too great of a poem yet." He answers hesitantly.

I sit down on his bed while he sits down on the floor next to his luggage suitcase and his pile of clothes. I look around the room and see the usual; his desk, two small bookcases, and a dresser.

I also see something new, like it's been tucked secretively in the corner of the room. I creep closer to it to see what it could possibly be.

A/N: hey guys! I'm currently talking to my friend on the phone (speaker phone) from the comfort of my lovely home. Sorry that no updates came in for you guys yesterday; I was working on an ethics project with another friend at their house, but I'm here now, so that's all that matters now.

Sorry guys that this is such a small chapter! The truth is that I split chapter two in half so that it would be two chapters: this one and the actual chapter two... I make no sense right now, and please forgive me for the weaker vocabulary in the chapters; I wrote this last year...

Remember to vote, comment and follow!

Thx