𝒅𝒐𝒔.

𝑠𝑜𝑑𝑎𝑝𝑜𝑝 𝑐𝑢𝑟𝑡𝑖𝑠

𝑠𝑜𝑑𝑎𝑝𝑜𝑝 𝑐𝑢𝑟𝑡𝑖𝑠

TODAY MARKED HISTORY, this was the first time i wake up before ponyboy and darry. i sat alone at the dining table while reading one of ponyboy's marvel comic books. one problem was, was that i didn't really know the advanced words, i dropped out almost a year ago after my parents died, missed out on a lot of school that i just had to give up so i could give darry some extra money for the bills.

nobody was awake after 6 but me, the sunrise had just begun when i saw the early peaks through my window. the horizon hid beneath other people's homes when it struck my eyes. i moved the curtains a little to the left when i saw the sun in my eyes.

"hello?" i heard someone say from the front door.

i grabbed a bat that was laying against the frame before locking my hands in on it, i slowly walked towards the living room to see a dark figure standing by the door. i swung at it only to be met with a few groans, it was just dally all bruised up.

"what in the hell is going on here?!" darry runs over to us.

"i'm sorry dar, i thought dally was an intruder so o accidentally hit him with our bat." i explained.

"an intruder?! really, man?" dally held his stomach.

"besides the point, dal why are you here and what happened to your face?" darry helped him up.

"forgot to give buck his money for my rent and he beat the shit out of me, saw it coming anyways." dally rolls his eyes, not phased by what he just said.

i shook my head, walking back to the kitchen to check this month's calendar. february was when we were most busy due to incoming bills. today was when i had to take the car to pump the gas. darry had the day off after having a long day of roofing one of the biggest homes in tulsa, somewhere on the soc side to be more specific.

ponyboy was last to wake up, he was all cranky over the noises that were made in the living. ponyboy was also shivering as he was the only one in shorts and a t-shirt, we don't wear those to bed unless it's the summer, february was the worst month for the weather.

i chugged the last of my coffee before dumping the mug into the sink, i ran to the bathroom so i could be first. ponyboy decided to just eat breakfast first before brushing his teeth, he read somewhere about it being more healthier to eat after brushing your teeth but not on my watch. i don't let those reader's digest people take over the way i live my life.

"pony, i'm taking you to school today!" i shouted from the bathroom.

"alright!" his muffled voice yelled, stuffed with cheerios.

i did my daily stubs checkup, making sure i didn't have to shave before i went to work. growing a beard was once a thing i was looking forward to until a girl said it was the least attractive part of a man. i stopped asking god to help grow one after that, even my ex-girlfriend, sandy said it was a horrible feature. i couldn't agree more when i remembered how darry's stubs felt, the day he tried to show it off but it was a horrible feeling to touch.

i began brushing my teeth while dancing around the bathroom, i turned around to see my brothers and dally staring at me like i had just gone crazy. i stopped and proceeded to brush my teeth. ponyboy came in, squeezing the last glob of mint toothpaste onto his toothbrush.

i dried my face off with my blue towel that my mom bought for me when i was just a toddler, i never threw it away ever since. she got pony and darry one too but they grew out of, started it actual towels that adults these days use. it was bullshit because the threw something away that was part of our childhood, it was a long argument one time but we eventually sorted it all out.

i put on my dark denim jeans and my blue button up shirt that had dx patched into it. my ex cap wasn't on my dresser like i had left it there yesterday, well i thought i left it there when i came home from work yesterday. the day before was all a blue anyways, dally forced us all to play football at the park and that was when he tackled me to the concrete. my head hit hard on the ground that i thought my skull cracked open.

ponyboy then came in to get ready, i walked out to go grease my hair. i had to go to work without my cap, usually my boss wouldn't care but that cap was my favorite. it just reminded me how much i love fixing up cars.

"darry, have you seen my dx cap anywhere?" i ask while separating parts of my hair.

"no buddy, you sure you left it by your dresser?" darry was probably focusing on the newspaper.

"i probably did, maybe i left it at work." i assumed, "i'll look for it there then."

i waited for ponyboy to finish grabbing his books for school while finding my sneakers that were beaten up, they were hiding underneath darry's boots that had mud rubbed all over the bottom of it.

ponyboy came in with his book bag while jumping around to put on his converse, dally took the chance to tackle him to the ground and keep him there. pony boy was getting mad that dally was making him late for school, i grabbed dally by the collar of his jacket to yank ponyboy out of his grip. pony flipped him the bird before walking out, one way to start this morning.

ponyboy turned on the radio to blast the temptations on the radio, he was snapping to every beat while i kept my eyes and ears on the road. my fingers were drumming to the chorus of 'my girl' when i stopped in front of pony's school.

"hey soda." girls said to me when they saw my face behind the passenger seat window.

"hi girls." i smiled before they could squeal.

"don't get too comfortable doing that soda, one of them could ask you to our upcoming school dance." ponyboy joked before getting out of the car.

i liked school dances, mostly because i get the opportunity to fuck around in the school with my gang but this one was odd. will rogers never have random school dances like the one pony had just told me, i'll try asking him later but now i gotta get my late ass to work before steve can scold me for making him work on a car by himself.