𝒆𝒑𝒊𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆.

𝒏𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒐𝒓

𝒏𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒐𝒓

MARLENA AND SODA ENDED UP getting the life they wanted, not in the way they imagined though. when marlena turned 18 after soda, soda had told darry about wanting to marry marlena but darry called him crazy and told him to end the relationship if he was planning on marrying marlena. soda wasn't gonna take that and decided to pack it up and runaway, running away to marlena's apartment which wasn't too far from home.

soda was welcomed by marlena's grandmother and mother but under one condition, helping out around the house which he agreed to. ana and mario were so happy to see soda everyday, so was marlena. soda stayed in marlena's room with her where every night they'd go on and on about the future. on april 17, 1967, he knew it was time to go out and buy a ring and to pop that question.

may 6, he proposed at the lot where it was the first time they ever hung out, cliche first date spot but the both of them liked the idea. soda did go back home but as an engaged man, darry wasn't too proud of it but he was happy to have his brother back home.

        when soda went back home, marlena left for college at the university of michigan, the distance was killing the two but they knew they could work it out because they were each other's soulmates.

        december 23, 1967, marlena and soda had a very small wedding with a few guests during her winter break of freshman year. the whole gang as soda's groomsmen and marlena's grandmother and mother as her bridesmaids, the wedding marlena always dreamed of.

2 years into their marriage while still living with family and marlena in her junior year of college, marlena got pregnant. the two worried how it was gonna work because marlena was still in college but soda secretly decided to work early and late everyday just so he could support marlena and the baby, smartest thing he claims he's ever done ever since high school.

they moved out into a small cozy apartment outside of tulsa, marlena also gave birth to a healthy baby boy named tanner on their 3 year anniversary which was quite ironic. he had soda's last name, eyes, and dimples. tanner also carried marlena's dark brown hair and ears, two-bit almost called him an elf after seeing him for the first time.

        marlena graduated at the university of michigan with the class of 1970 with a bachelor's degree. soda and the gang drove up to michigan to go watch her walk up the stage with a cap on her head like she did in high school.

        1972, marlena was going at it with her kid train, she was expecting another baby. the two were already financially stable as marlena had an internship at the tulsa world, soda was labeled manager of the dx where he likes to boss steve around as a joke.

        soda was more than happy when he heard marlena was pregnant again, praying every night for a boy. they found out it was a girl after his big prayer the night before the gender reveal.

        on may 12, 1973, marlena and soda welcomed rosella marie curtis, rose for short. she had most of her dad's features; blue eyes, light brown hair, and his pointy nose. however, rosella got her mother's lashes and her ears.

        the perez-curtis family were basically the new perfect family as socs and greasers and hispanics ended and became a world of hippies, marlena felt like the places was much more safer for her kids and that they didn't have to worry about a stupid social rank to fit in.

        1986, soda and marlena were over 30 and strong with their teenaged kids. marlena enjoyed talking about boys with rosella while soda got tanner into cars and girls. soda says tanner got everything from his dad which was practically true but most was forced.

        it was one day they were all sitting at the dinner table one tuesday night...

        "caught rosella talking to some boy." tanner chuckles before scooping some mashed potatoes with his fork.

        "just a friend, idiot!" rosella slapped the back of his head, making him cough out slimy mashed potatoes.

        "don't hit your brother at the table, rose." marlena tells rosella.

        soda placed his fork down, "so who's this boy? do we know him? what is it?"

        "his name is cole and he's from the alfonso's." rosella shrugged.

marlena almost choked on her water, soda looked at her.

"i don't trust that dude one bit," tanner shook his head, "he probably gained his first std at 10."

"sounds an awful lot like uncle dally." soda laughed.

"cole ain't like that, tanner." rosella rolled her eyes, "he's sweet, well sometimes."

"what do you mean sometimes?" marlena asked, getting more into the conversation.

"he gets a little to close, like the other day he was in my face during passing period." rosella explained, "but besides, i would never stoop so low."

marlena's mini heart attack was relieved.

"cole ain't worth it, i'm telling ya. i've been friends with him and just wait 'til you hear his to-do list." tanner warned her.

soda chimed in, "i'll skin anyone who goes for you."

"dad!" rosella groaned.

"kidding, kidding. i love you, sweetie."

this was an every night circle meet up, sometimes rosella or tanner wouldn't be home as they would stay over at a friend's or darry's for fun. when the kids were gone, soda and marlena would have their alone time either watching a movie, playing board games, or practice the devil's tango. behind open and closed door, they ended up being the happy family they dreamed of 21 years ago, those 21 years felt so surreal for marlena.

it nearly gave her deja vu.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐃𝐄𝐉𝐀 𝐕𝐔 :: 𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘢𝘱𝘰𝘱 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘵𝘪𝘴 🎉