𝒅𝒊𝒆𝒄𝒊𝒐𝒄𝒉𝒐.

𝑠𝑜𝑑𝑎𝑝𝑜𝑝 𝑐𝑢𝑟𝑡𝑖𝑠

𝑠𝑜𝑑𝑎𝑝𝑜𝑝 𝑐𝑢𝑟𝑡𝑖𝑠

THE GANG INCLUDING DARRY were all at my house, we haven't had all 7 of us hanging out like this in such a long time, it was dated back way before mom and dad. steve wanted to come over and take a look at darry's car instead of going to the shop, darry figured it'd be better for him to leave it at home and not kill it on his way to the dx.

i sat on the hood of the car while steve was underneath working on it, i watched pony try to play tackle football with dally. two-bit wanted to see what the rave about sunbathing was so he tried to, he left his beer bottle on top of his stomach to see if he could make prints.

"you know, i never thought i'd come to you guys to help out with my car." darry laughed.

"i mean i always come to you when pony tries to rip the roof over my head." i joked, referring to my scalp.

"that ain't funny, soda." pony shook his head.

oil was running from beneath, steve groaned in anger. darry sat on the beach chair reading the newspaper. usually his face was always stern and angry but this time he was shocked and dumbfounded, i tilted over to see what he was reading the article about elvis presley's rise to the big screen as elvis presley was one of his guilty pleasure singers. darry wants to look tough and even made himself appear as if he didn't listen to music at all.

the only person that was able to get darry out of his little cave was mom, she'd pull every trick out of the book and it'd work every time. ponyboy tried to do that when he was 11 and ended up in a chokehold from darry for 3 minutes until he stopped calling for mom.

i always regretted getting into fights with darry, id end up black and blue for the next 2 weeks, counselors almost called the cops on my parents for it. my dad was never too happy about it but he liked to praise darry for it because it made him feel good about himself that he raised one strong son.

"soda, how long have you and marlena been seeing each other?" darry asked.

"for quite a while, maybe since september?" i answered.

"he's been fucking her since december!" dally announces while passing the ball to johnny.

"that wasn't necessary but i'll let it go." darry shook his head, "you guys dating?"

"yeah actually, about a month." i smiled just thinking about it.

        "don't kill me for backtracking on this one," darry pursed his lips before opening them, "are you guys at least doing it the safe way?"

        "yeah, yeah, can we move on?" i scratched the back of my neck and looked up at the trees.

        "yeah, no, yeah." darry nodded his head then whistled a note to himself.

ponyboy falls really badly that he started gasping for air, we all looked at him for a split second before he was back up, he had a gash on his forehead from the grass. dally shoved him a little too hard but we all knew how rough he likes to play, especially in a rumble.

        steve popped out from below the car with grease all over his hands, i handed him the old rag next to me so he could wipe it off. darry walked over to the car with his keys in the ignition. both steve and darry smiled when they heard the car running as if it was new, it was took about 3-4 twists in order to get the truck running.

        darry didn't want to get a new car because this was a gift from mom and dad the day he got his license, they weren't struggling and were happy to give out anything to us when we needed it but we never asked for anything, we wanted them to have enough to support themselves. i'd ask them every few months for something like hair grease or a new flannel, darry asked for food, and pony would only beg them to come to his track meets without a cost.

        my mom was a really big influence, especially dally. dally gave up smoking for two months for my mom because they made a small little bet that he couldn't go a year without it, of course she won but she begged him not to give her anything, just a hug.

        darry took the keys out before walking back inside, "when dinner's ready, everybody's getting their own stuff."

        "oh but i really want you to feed me, mommy." two-bit jokingly pouted, we all laughed.

        "i'll feed you a knuckle sandwich if you don't knock it off." darry smirked.

i still sat on the hood of the truck talking to steve while everyone else was playing around on the yard, we talked about our girls, marlena and evie. i don't know much about evie even after the 3 years her and steve have been dating because every time i thought id hear her talk, she's just making out with steve until she leaves.

i knew evie didn't like marlena from the start, something to do with 6th grade drama that steve nor i couldn't remember or even recall. they never left on good terms and from what i'm hearing, they'll give each other nasty looks every chance they get in the hallway. marlena didn't care if i hung out with her as long as we didn't cheat on her and steve.

"you think it's a good idea for our girls to meet?" steve scoffed.

"steve, you know one of our girls with end up with a really bad haircut." i told him.

"dinner's ready, two-bit drank only 4 beers so get 'em while it lasts!" darry announces.

"i'll talk to you about this later, let's go before we starve."

        i placed my hand on his back and gave him a little shove.