𝒄𝒖𝒂𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒄𝒆.

𝒏𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒐𝒓

𝒏𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒐𝒓

                    MONTHS GO BY AND soda started to feel at home every time he thinks about marlena, they haven't seen each other since the day marlena had a breakdown. stars were getting bigger, especially the blonde girls but soda never cared to take one good look at them, he could only think of marlena as his only star. on the other hand, marlena lost herself mentally that she even forgot about soda, his face was just a memory in her mind but his name would be forgotten.

        soda wanted to find some way to come and see her but with her grandma being put on bed rest after being discharged from the hospital, he couldn't find the time to even go to her house. marlena was thinking about dropping out so that she could take care of her siblings and grandma, but she's always dreamed of going to university in london, she admired looking at the place through brochures rich people would throw away or drop, she had so many photographs from magazines.

        marlena started to realize it wasn't worth it for her because she didn't even know what she was gonna do if she ever went to college, she had no motivation to become a doctor, lawyer, engineer, or anything. she was so used to staying home and watching her siblings that she treated it as a full-time job with no pay.

soda and steve were home house-sitting for darry while he takes ponyboy to the doctor for a checkup since ponyboy was complaining for the past few days about not feeling well.

"so soda, you still caught up on that mars bars girl?" steve asks while cleaning his blade.

"you know how hard it is for me to move on from a girl so fast." soda sighs.

"mars bars looks like a special girl even though she's-"

"her name's marlena and forget about finishing your sentence." soda shushed him, "i like her a lot but it's been so long since i've seen her, she's probably dead or something."

"don't joke like that, sometimes things can get jinxed." steve shrugged.

"you're right, i always jinx everything." soda sadly said, "i jinxed my relationship with sandy and that one customer who i thought i could get a tip from."

soda knew he couldn't give up his only chance with a girl who was nothing but perfect in his eyes, he thought about how angelic she was, everything: her touch, her eyes, her smell, her smile, her everything. he could give up whatever he was doing right now and just run to her apartment only to scream out i love you and earn himself a fairytale kiss that every disney princess would get.