𝒅𝒊𝒆𝒛.

𝑠𝑜𝑑𝑎𝑝𝑜𝑝 𝑐𝑢𝑟𝑡𝑖𝑠

𝑠𝑜𝑑𝑎𝑝𝑜𝑝 𝑐𝑢𝑟𝑡𝑖𝑠

DAYS PASSED AND DALLY was still in the hospital after the knife incident, he's doing alright but doctors said he needed more time in the hospital so they can look into his arm from the day of the fire. he left too early and his arm still looks scraped up, two-bit called his arm frankenstein because it looked like the wrinkles on his forehead.

i was preparing dinner by the table for darry while he was cooking up some pork chops while pony was sitting by the table reading some novel. darry came to the table with three plates for all of us, one sitting on his arm while the others were held in his hands.

"books away, pony." darry said to him.

"sorry." he grumbled before laying the closed book underneath his chair.

we all dug our forks into the meat when pony cleared his throat, "so umm... soda, i noticed that you and marlena were getting along."

"yeah and what about it?" i asked him, not looking at him.

"do ya like her?" he questioned out of the blue.

"pony." darry muttered.

"it's totally fine, darry." i reassured him, "since y'all are my brothers i guess i'll answer truthfully. i do like marlena, she's a sweet girl and definitely different from sandy."

        "well i'm glad you found someone who treats you good, as long as you're happy we're happy." darry grins before taking a bite of his food.

        "her little sister is cute, fun to play with." pony says through chewing.

        "it's just her mom, her mom just hates me already, she also hates us." i shook my head.

        "well she's one of those hispanics who only hate greasers because of their title and appearance." darry explained, "if you think you love marlena then don't let her mom get into your head."

        "i guess." i shrugged before ending the conversation.

        marlena to me looked like she was hard to get, someone who would make you take decades just to prove that they can trust you. i would absolutely go on for years and years just to stay on her good side. i would beg on my knees and pray just for her to stay with me after things go wrong.

i didn't feel like this when i was dating sandy, i was too easy on her those times. it was usually her who kept asking for a second chance and i let her get one because i'm not an awful person, anything i say no to just give me a horrible image of myself. the guilt would paint all over me and just yell at me for being such a horrible person.

marlena's eyes already told me she's way different from sandy.

"alright, i'm done." pony blurted before getting up.

"weird, he's usually the last one to finish." darry stared at pony's empty spot.

"he's a runner, he's beating us to victory." i joked.

"yeah, a fat victory." darry scoffed.

i ended up being the last one to finish their plate, darry had to throw out the leftovers on his plate because the time was getting late and he had work in the morning. i cleaned up the dishes for all of us because of the rule my mom made from when we were young, last person to eat is the first person to clean. it didn't matter if she was gone or not, we still follow that rule.

my body was a bit exhausted from work today after this girl gave me a hard time on her car, complaining that steve and i misplaced a part and it was supposed to be some certain way. steve hated that girl's gut that he even stole a screw from her car, praying that the part would fall off into the middle of the street and other cars will honk the hell out of her.

i showered off the stress in my bathroom before turning off the shower. i put on my sweatpants and a tank top that i brought into the bathroom with me since i didn't want to wake everyone up just to get clothes from my drawer since my drawers were broken and loud.

when everything was done, i opened the bathroom door and shut off the lights on my way out. i entered my dark bedroom and shut the door behind me, it had started to rain hard outside my window.

i plopped onto my pillow with no thought in my mind, that was until i heard some tapping coming from my window. my head turned to my window and i saw marlena standing in front of it. i got up to open it, she was soaked from head to toe.

"marlena, it's 10 pm. why are you out this late?" i asked her.

"well i was walking home from the hospital and i usually use your street to get home but then it started pouring out," she explains, "i saw darry's truck parked outside so i figured you guys lived here."

"get inside first." i told her, pulling her in. "how do you know what darry's truck looks like?"

"darry always drives it up to the school and i always see pony walking out of it." she shrugged.

i took off her wet coat and wrapped a warm blanket over her, she sat on the edge of my bed shivering. i sat next to her with my arms wrapped around her shoulders, it didn't do much for sure but i just wanted her to be warm.

        "i'm really sorry for showing up like this, i really am." she says in sorrow.

        "hey hey hey, it's totally fine." i told her, "to be honest i'm really liking this."

        "shut up." she scoffed and rolled her eyes.

        i really like her.

            "got school tomorrow?" i asked her.

        "no, i'm taking off for a few to take care of my abuela and siblings while my mom takes shifts at the parlor." she explained, "i got a few assignments to take home and pony said he'd share some of the notes with me."

        "that's great that you're doing this, mar." i smiled, "don't you think you need to take some time off for yourself?"

        "i don't go by that, i want to take care of others first then myself. if i even have time for that."

        "then i'll take care of you." i smirked.

        i tackled her onto the bed and caused a major tickle fight, she tried her best to keep quiet so that darry and pony could sleep. she whispered to me to stop but i just wanted to see her smile. eventually i did stop but that made us get lost into each other's gaze.

        marlena grabbed my face and deepened my lips into hers, our eyes closed. my hands slipped to her waist, i never expected myself to make out with a girl like marlena who looked like she hated me from the start.

        my lips were locked with the girl of my dreams.