Birthday Haul

A/N SURPRISE! Believe me, I'm as shocked as you are, but I've decided that not posting has left me with no motivation to get past writing ahead by thirty chapters. I love hearing your feedback and ideas that I can possibly add to my story as I write. So I've decided that I'm going to post a single part every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Which gives me nine weeks to get out of my funk. As I'm delighting you beauties with five surprise chapters today, including this one. So, strap in for Mikayla's 'Fight to Survive' which is continuing from the day right after Mikayla's birthday!

The next morning before breakfast, Mikayla spent it in her room with Ron, opening her birthday presents and writing thank you letters to those that didn't reside in the Burrow. Ron offered to help as there was so much to unwrap and it would've made Mikayla miss breakfast. Most of the gifts were food baskets containing Mikayla's favourite treats, with little cards tucked inside to notify her who they were from. The amount of treats she received would last her a good two years if she had one per day and that thought alone made her decide to share the goodies with everyone.

A few gifted Mikayla a bag of coins with scrawled messages telling Mikayla to put it towards her future, and although she appreciated the gifts, if there's something Mikayla didn't need it was money. She sent the money back, stating that she didn't need it because of the measures her parents put in place to secure her future. She added that being able to see and chat with them for a carefree night was the best gift she ever received, and she needed nothing more.

As for her close family and friends, it seemed that most of them went down the jewellery route, and Mikayla was certainly not complaining. She found jewellery to be slightly addictive since she received the Carra necklace from her Mum, and her old jewellery box has now became overcrowded. Ron gifted Mikayla a pair of lion earrings, he said that he thought that it was important to represent her house even after she graduated, plus they matched the ring she had gotten him for his birthday. Leaving her with something to remember him while he's gone Horcrux hunting.

 Leaving her with something to remember him while he's gone Horcrux hunting

Séan and Jenny also got her a pair of earrings. They are golden spiral drop hook earrings with a five-point star pendant dangling from the last loop. There's a beautiful 'blue planet' within the golden spiral which Mikayla absolutely adores.

 There's a beautiful 'blue planet' within the golden spiral which Mikayla absolutely adores