Couple's Questionnaire

After they shared a very romantic breakfast in bed, Mikayla and Fred were on Cloud Nine, knowing that nothing will ruin the joy that will be felt this Valentine's Day. The young couple agreed to leave their gift exchange until before they go to bed, because they both wanted to focus on just experiencing the day together. Fred's date activity would be happening first, the only hint he gave Mikayla was that he wanted to keep their tradition of watching the sunrise every morning. He wouldn't delve into the specifics of how today would differ from their usual morning sunrise, but Mikayla found herself revelling in the excitement of the mystery.

Fred requested that Mikayla remained in her pyjamas for his activity, with the only additions being to put on some fluffy socks and one of his old Christmas knitted jumpers. Mikayla wore the cosiest blue 'F' jumper with pride, revelling in how big it was on her, subjecting her to baring some adorable sweater paws. Fred told Mikayla to wait by the back door while he gathered what he needed to bring for the date that he planned. Mikayla couldn't stop her mind from trying to curate the limitless amount of possibilities that Fred could've organised for the date, butterflies swarming her stomach in anticipation.

Luckily, Fred didn't take too long to get all his things in order, bringing Mikayla's frantic thoughts to a halt as he grabbed a hold of her hand and led her out the back door. A thrill of elation began bubbling within them as they crossed the Carra Estate's ground, passing by the wedding ceremony set up heading straight to the wooden dock. Fred walked Mikayla over to the water edge of the dock, letting go of her hand to root through his backpack. Fred pulled out a miniature wooden structure that Mikayla couldn't identify as he immediately placed it in the water. As soon as Fred let go of the floating piece, a series of cracking and creaking echoed in the biting spring air, Fred moving to Mikayla's side until the sounds came to a stop.

Mikayla let out a breath of disbelief as the miniature wooden structure finished transforming into a large wooden canoe, big enough to comfortably fit the young couple in. A soft smile etched itself onto the blonde's face as her eyes watched the canoe gently rock with Lake's currents, turning to Fred in amazement of his boundless creativity. She always loved when he unexpectedly introduced her to magical objects that she's never seen or heard of before. Something as simple as a canoe with a water-triggered engorgement charm left her momentarily speechless and filled her soul with child-like astonishment of sub-genres of magic that have been lost on her due to the circumspect of her upbringing.

Fred placed a fluffy blanket on the bottom of the canoe, he placed a pillow at the stern end of the canoe before helping Mikayla into the boat. Fred puts a pillow at the bow end of the canoe, instructing Mikayla to hold the boat still while he climbed in, making sure that once he was settled that he would be facing Mikayla. Fred grinned proudly at Mikayla after he caught her watching him, "like what you see, love?" Mikayla jokingly rolls her eyes at her boyfriend's flirting antics before confirming that she did enjoy her view. "It gets better." Fred promises her, while conjuring two oars for them, passing one to Mikayla so that they could begin rowing away from the dock towards the middle of the Lake. It took them a few minutes to get the hang of the act of rowing, struggling with steering and the fact they needed to do opposite strokes of the oars.

Mikayla had to push the water back, while Fred had to push the water forwards as he was facing Mikayla. The pair were in stitches laughing at how awful they were at operating a canoe, Fred almost completed flipping them as he laughed. It didn't help that the sky was still mostly dark, so they had no idea how far they had gone out to. Eventually they just gave up, accepting that wherever they were on the Lake was the perfect spot to talk and watch the sunrise. Fred vanished the oars before pulling out a big thermo bottle from his backpack, as well as a mason jar, a stem with two lilac flower heads on it and two empty mugs. Fred filled the mason jar with water, dropping the flower into the jar before placing it on the thick yoke board that goes across the centre of the boat. He poured hot chocolate into the two mugs either side of the flower, one for himself and one for Mikayla.