The Carra Family Motto

Mikayla didn't care that the others wanted her to ask the security questions, as she rushed to Fred's side. With a flick of her wand she magically placed a clear cover over her sofa to protect it from blood. Bill helped her move him to the sofa, "what happened?" Mikayla asked as Molly rushed to her side to help, "Bellatrix, she used Snape's curse, sectumsempra." Someone told her, she couldn't tell who because their voice fell muffled on her ears. "Get me Dittany, a Blood-Replenishing potion and some vials of CC now." Mikayla ordered while placing her wand on Fred's chest, promising his that he was going to be okay before she began whispering the incantation 'Vulnera Sanentur'.

Fred let out a choking gasp, his eyes widening as he fixed his gaze on Mikayla, her whole body was trembling but her laser-focused eyes were filled with determination to save him. Fred raised his hand to hold her free one that was resting against his bleeding chest. Mikayla squeezed his hand reassuringly as she continued to mutter the incantation. She watched as his blood started to seep back into his body, leaving behind the evidence of the severe injury through stains on Fred's shirt, and her bloody hands.

She began to unbutton Fred's shirt as George appeared with the potions she asked for in hand, she revealed the red irritated scars that stretched across his torso. Mikayla sucked in a breath at the sight, it was way worse than when it happened to Draco. Mikayla raised a vial of CC to Fred's lips, "drink all of this." Mikayla told him, Fred did as he was told, knowing better than to make a joke while Mikayla was hyper focused on healing him. Mikayla began to apply the dittany to the largest gash on his chest where the initial curse hit him, just above his heart.

She gently rubbed it in after noticing that Fred was holding back winces at her every touch. "Could someone grab me some pumpkin juice? He'll need the sugar." Mikayla asked the group that were just stood watching the girl work. Kingsley decided to be the one to grab the pumpkin juice as Mikayla unstoppered a second vial of CC. A crack sounded, announcing the arrival of Angelina, Remus had sent for her before they left for the Manor. He hadn't known that Mikayla knew exactly what to do to combat Snape's curse, and thought they'd need a qualified healer.

Mikayla began swiping the CC across the almost fully healed scars. The swelling went down, and the scars turned an almost invisible silver colour, as Mikayla worked. Mikayla mixed the Blood-Replenishing potion in with the pumpkin juice after Kingsley handed it to her. She magicked a straw from thin air, dropping it into the bottle to make it easier for Fred to drink it while lying down. "Here you are, love. Last thing, promise." Mikayla smiled softly at him as she put the top of the straw in Fred's mouth. She put away her wand, moving her now free hand to gently play with Fred's hair after she placed a gentle kiss on his forehead.

When Fred finished the drink, he moved to sit up but Mikayla stopped him as he hissed in pain, "the CC isn't finished healing your insides, Freddie. It's going to hurt for the next hour." Fred pouted at this information, but didn't try to get up again. Mikayla moved to sit on the arm of the sofa, to continue to play with Fred's hair while the rest of the Order checked in on him. His family giving him kisses of happiness, hugs of relief and making jokes at his expense to diffuse the tension that gathered in the room from their worry.

"Mikayla, can I speak to you privately?" Kingsley whispered after Fred had fallen asleep, exhausted from all the healing his body was forced to do. Mikayla looked up to see that everyone else was chatting quietly amongst themselves giving Molly a rundown of what happened. "Course, I should wash my hands anyway." Mikayla lead Kingsley into the kitchen, where he placed a silencing charm as she turned on the tap and began to wash Fred's blood off her hands. "What's up?" Mikayla questioned as she added some soap to her wet hands.

"It's about Penelope Marshbanks..." he began, seeing if Mikayla would have a distinct reaction to the name, like if she already knew what had happened. Mikayla hummed, raising an eyebrow in Kingsley direction, silently asking him to go on. "We started seeing each other at the end of September." Mikayla beamed at the news, Kingsley was the mystery man she had predicted months ago. "That's fantastic news! I take it that it's going well?"