Snatched

Mikayla watched the scene with bated breath, she had disillusioned herself to hide amongst the trees after being 'chased off' by Greyback and the Snatchers. Her stomach drops as she watches Vexida uncover an old copy of the Daily Prophet from months ago from Hermione's beaded bag. The headlining article stated that Hermione Granger was the 'Mudblood' known to be travelling with Harry Potter, accompanied by the same picture they used in her wanted posters. Harry's face pales as Vexida calls Greyback and Scabior to her side, buzzing with excitement to share her most recent discovery. Mikayla gasped when she saw slitted eyes flash behind Harry's glasses, deciding to take a massive risk and try to get to Harry's side undetected.

She had to move quickly as a Snatcher nearby had heard her audible gasp and was now searching for the cause of the sound. Mikayla made a conscious effort to be down wind from Greyback, his heightened sense of smell would lead him right to her if he caught a whiff of her scent. Scabior grabbed the Prophet out of Vexida's hands, holding it up so both him and Greyback could read it. They didn't need to look at it long before a cackle of malice and promised torture came from Greyback's snarling mouth. "Hermione Granger," Scabior began, making Ron, Dean, Hermione and Harry tense, knowing that their captors would soon be connecting the dots on who they were just summoned to.

"The Mudblood who is known to be travelling with Harry Potter." Harry winced at the sensation of his scar burning, as he fought to keep himself present. Mikayla arrived behind him, casting Muffliato so only Harry could hear her. Greyback and Scabior stride over to Hermione, Greyback grabbing her face to look at them while Scabior holds the picture of her in the Prophet next to her face. "Harry, it's me, Mikayla. Don't react to my voice or you'll get me locked up with the rest of you." Mikayla voiced, and Harry half-jolted when she suddenly started speaking but was able to brush it off as a shiver. "I have your wands for safe keeping, and you have to go where they're going to take you. And whatever you do, don't panic, alright?"

Harry gave the slightest nod in response to her, knowing it was too risky to use his own voice as he's being watched like a hawk. "Make no reactions to the accusations they throw your way, pass that along to the others as soon as you are left alone. You really need to listen to everything said around you when you arrive at where you're going, you might learn something vital. Use your mirror as soon as you or any of the others are in danger, make sure you're alone, okay? Rescue will come. Good luc-" Mikayla cut herself off, rushing away from Harry as she spots Greyback rushing towards them, dropping the Muffliato charm as Greyback crouched down in front of Harry to get a closer look at him. "What's that on your forehead, Vernon?" he asked softly, his breath foul in Harry's nostrils, "Birthmark." Harry lies easily, but panic sets in as Greyback raises a filthy finger, moving it towards the scar.

"Don't!" Harry yelled before he could stop himself, his scar was already throbbing and making him feel sick. He internally reprimanded himself, Mikayla had just advised him not to react, so he set his jaw, teeth gritting from the pain and disappointment in himself. "Don't touch it, father says it's a sacred family mark." Harry tries to explain away his reaction, but it is clear that Greyback no longer believes his lies. "I thought you wore glasses, Potter?" Greyback breathed, unable to hide his mirth at his own discovery. "I found glasses!" One of the Snatchers skulking in the background that had been sent to search the tent, held them up to Scabior, who handed them over to Greyback. Fenrir rammed Harry's circular framed glasses onto his face, a gleeful cackle echoing through the clearing, "it's him. We've caught Potter!"

The Snatchers all turned their backs to their prisoners, wands drawn as they looked for anything out of place, "if that's Potter, then where's Black?" Scabior hisses at Greyback, "she wouldn't let us get a hold on him this easily. She's fought against us for people far less important to her cause." Mikayla snaps a branch beneath her foot, as she scuttles away from the group, escaping being hit by eight different curses. She put herself in position that Greyback would catch her scent in the wind, making it seem that the snapping twig had nothing to do with. She watches as Greyback picks up her scent, sniffling for a few seconds, turning his head towards where she stood, not visible to the naked eye. "Oh, she's here. I can smell her hiding in the trees that way."

Mikayla ducked behind the closest tree when a multitude of curses were flown off in her direction, no one particularly targeting her exact location, but some were close enough to cause damage. She didn't know what to do, it's too suspicious of her to not interfere at all with Harry, Ron and Hermione abduction outside of her wolf form. However, she couldn't do much damage to the Snatchers' ranks because they need to Disapparate to Malfoy Manor, to point her friends in the direction of the Hufflepuff Cup Horcrux. She can hear the crunching of leaves as some Snatchers approach the tree-line where Greyback had somewhat located her.

Mikayla made a decision there and then, putting out a foot to trip the Snatcher passing by her and sticking him to the ground. She rolled out from behind the tree, dark curses crackling above her, while Scabior casted the 'Revelio' charm. As soon as she was visible, Mikayla pointed her wand to the middle tree that the people she cared about were bound to, "BOMBARDA MAXIMA!" The tree top exploded violently, sending the Snatchers diving out of the way of the shards of woods flying in all directions. "FINITE INCANTATEM" She roared in the chaos, freeing her friends from their binds. "Grab them! Take them to Malfoy Manor, now!" Greyback ordered, grabbing Harry himself before Disapparating.

Vexida grabbed Hermione and Griphook who had been tied to the same tree, Scabior taking Ron and Dean for the same reason. Leaving Mikayla alone with four Snatchers with the desire to capture her, and if that's not possible, they aim to destroy her. Mikayla stayed and fought, out-duelling three of the Snatchers with great ease. The fourth one, a man with sunken features and deathly pale skin, face obscured by his stringy black hair, dressed in regal 18th century robes. When he turned his head towards her, a loud hissing sound emitting from his mouth, Mikayla felt fear rush through her body as she spotted sharp fangs around his mouth.

"Sanguini? Why are you here with them? Do you really think Voldemort cares about Vampires other than for personal gain?" His eyes were filled with rage, flashing a sickly green colour before he locked eyes with Mikayla. The blonde pressed down on the button of her Portkey Pocket watch, vanishing from view when Sanguini moved to speed towards her. Mikayla arrived in the back garden of Carra Manor, her default escape setting on her Pocket Watch. "Mikayla?" Lee's voice sounds from behind her, the blonde spinning herself around to face him, causing the older boy to break out in a grin. The smile vanished as he took in Mikayla's dishevelled appearance, and paling face. "What's wrong? What happened?" Lee asked, stepping forward but stopping when Mikayla raised her hand silently asking him to not step any closer.

"Ron, Hermione and Harry have been captured by Snatchers. They used his name and all their wards disarmed. They're bringing them to the Death Eaters HQ, because they need someone to identify Harry, and Greyback doesn't have the mark to summon You Know Who. Harry's face is well disguised at the moment thanks to a modified stinging hex Hermione casted on him, but because of his company they somewhat know his identity. My allies in his ranks will cause as much interference as they can. Ron, Harry and Hermione will escape and they mostly will be left unharmed. Send news to Bill, he can expect them to show up on the beach by his house with some other familiar faces in the early hours to of tomorrow morning, they are only to interact with Bill, Fleur and Remus, understood?"

Lee nods his head, promising to call Bill as soon as she leaves and to pass on her boundaries for Ron, Hermione and Harry's momentary reconciliation. "How is he?" Mikayla asks after a loaded silence, "honestly? Fred's been struggling with not having you here, he understands why you aren't around but that doesn't make it any easier." Mikayla's eyes dropped to the ground, "yeah, the only thing pushing me through the quiet and exhaustion is knowing that I get to come home to him when it's all over. That after the war, I get spend the rest of my days by his side but I really fucking hate being away from him. I- just take good care of him for me?"

Lee's frown deepens, but he doesn't voice his concerns for the younger girl's wellbeing, knowing that there's nothing anyone can do about it. "George and I will look out for him. It's four more weeks, M, take care of yourself, yeah?" Mikayla hums in agreement to Lee's pleading request, turning to look towards the house again, spotting Fred walking out the backdoor. A sad smile etched itself on her face when their eyes locked, Fred freezing on the steps leading to the door, his eyes racking over his girlfriend's rumpled appearance. Jaw setting, knowing that she was here because she had to make a quick escape using her Portkey's default location.

Mikayla lifts her left hand, tapping it three times against her chest, over her heart, a silent I Love You. Fred mimics the action, his eyes never leaving hers as he did so, before Mikayla turns in her spot, Disapparating.