Infiltrating The Ministry

The blonde clears her throat, trying to move on from the very awkward tense environment that has settled in the men's silence. "Well, you might as well catch me up on what's been happening while I was in the dark..." And that's what they did, telling Mikayla who chose to fight by her side, and the valid excuses the others had. Remus told her all the exciting news of Tonks and Alice's pregnancy, and that the Montgomery family have joined the Order.

The Montgomery and Vane families have both moved to Blackcarra two weeks ago, so now Faolan, Eleanor and little Sammy will be joining Remus and Séan during the Full Moons. They were building there own pack in a way, and Mikayla was absolutely delighted that Remus was finally allowing himself be happy, and accepting his lycanthropy and allowing other werewolves fully into his everyday life.

"Belvine is also planning on moving to the town, alongside her new werewolf boyfriend and our newest Order member, Danny Campbell." Fred adds making Mikayla squeal excitedly at the news, "her and Danny finally got together! I swear she's been pining over him as long as I've known her." Remus nodded his head in confirmation, making a beaming grin etch it's way onto Mikayla's face. She was ecstatic that even in the heat of a war, people were still finding the time to make new connections, or form new relationships, and find love.

When Mikayla was left alone, the others needing to return home to get ready to go into hiding, she was left behind with the bittersweet peace of solitude. With all the great happy news, she is reminded of the time that Moody redid the Fidelius Charm making her the sole Secret Keeper. Moody believed that Mikayla had to be more careful with who she can truly trust, wanting her to whittle down the size of her close circle, and Mikayla did. She had blindly trusted everyone in the Order, at the time she believed that it's leader had nothing but her best interest at heart, but as her rose coloured glasses shattered, so did her circle of trust.

Mikayla had decided when Carra Manor became her own secret location, that she wouldn't share it with anyone, because she could only completely trust herself. Moody had said that everyone has a price, that loyalties can easily shift, priorities could change, and that she would have to be brutal to separate who she loved from who she trusted. Saying that being able to differentiate between trust and love was something most failed to do, because love blinds you into trusting someone that didn't deserve it.

The more those thoughts stirred and spun around in her mind, the worst she felt for ever even considering to follow that advice. Mikayla is by no means an idiot, and she will not allow history to repeat itself, because she knows that those words were exactly what planted doubt in the generation before hers. That those very words is what lead to the true destruction of the Marauders. Those words lead to the Marauders keeping secrets and withholding information from the people they considered family. They planted doubts in the loyalty of their closest of ties, their chosen family.

Remus had been sworn to not tell anyone that he was running with the Werewolves, much like Mikayla had been forced to keep secrets from her family, and it made him come off as suspicious. That made it hard for the other Marauders to trust him, his forced secrecy led to him not being told that Peter was made Secret Keeper, instead of Sirius. After hearing of Lily and James' deaths, Remus had no reason to believe that Sirius was innocent because as far as he knew, Sirius had been the Secret Keeper, he had been the betrayer.

It didn't help Sirius case that his entire family, apart from Andromeda, was openly supporting Voldemort and he had been in correspondence with Regulus before he died. As for Peter, he was left forgotten by his closest friends. They no longer focused on keeping each other safe, or interacting with each other outside of Order meetings and eventually Peter lost sight on what he had been fighting for. He was offered protection, or least the promise not to brutally murder him or his family, for whispers of information from the Order. However as the war progressed, protection began to cost more and eventually lead to him sentencing his own friends to death, prison and madness.