Explosive Emotions

An hour into discussing lycanthropy, the prejudice around it, as well as the protection the Order can provide for the two new wolves. The group moved on to discussing what will happen with the kids, Remus offered his home as a sanctuary until Mikayla can find them a permanent home. They planned funeral arrangements for Heather and Tadhg Griffiths, deciding on the graveyard in Scraggane, it's the closest one to their home of twenty-one years. Mikayla only had a few hours to organise everything, as Frank and Eloise will be returning to school in about 28 hours.

Mikayla wrote a letter to Heather and Tadhg's extended family, brothers, sisters and parents, alerting them of their deaths. She gave them a time and a place for a funeral, with the promise that they wouldn't start anything in front of the kids. Mikayla wouldn't be surprised if one of them showed up, demanding to see the Will, and throwing a fit when they see that Heather and Tadhg left all their possessions to their four kids. For lunch, young Sammy Montgomery joined the party, he was exited to meet werewolves his age as he's been running with a pack of adults since he was bitten.

Sammy's presence helped Mikayla in the long run as she explained the procedure of what the wolves do before the moon. Discussing all the potions that they take, what they're for, how the forest barrier works and what the aftercare consists of. She knew it was a lot of information to take in, and reminded the kids that they have a small village of people looking out for them, inside and outside of Hogwarts. No matter how small their worry may be, Mikayla promised to be there for them and ease their minds.

When she parted ways with the others, Mikayla went home because it was getting quite late and she wanted to get some rest before she heads over to the Shell Cottage. She changed into a pair of black joggers and one of Fred's old t-shirts, pulling her hair into a messy bun on the top of her head. Mikayla knew that she wouldn't have to look put together in front of Ron, neither of them cared about that sort of stuff, all Ron will really want is a cuddle and to talk through the incident.

Much like Mikayla, Ron's response to tense situations runs primarily on whatever heightened emotions are battling in his head before his brain can process the whole picture. The words tumble from his mouth before he can stop them, his filter becomes faulty, and he uses his words as weapons. He smashes every insecure button a person may have, so they can feel exactly as he does. It's not healthy whatsoever, they both tend to hurt the people they loves the most in world, but for a split selfish second, they're just happy they're not the only ones hurting.

After either of them blows up, they run away and that's when they realises their cruelty and the guilt sinks in. Then they tries to analyse the whole situation, hoping to figure out why they reacted the way that they did, what had been bubbling inside them awaiting release, and how to rectify their mistakes. The mutual ritual has created a deeper bond between Ron and Mikayla, they tend to seek each other out whenever the other has a blow up. A camaraderie formed from fits of explosive emotions and understanding on how similar their brains worked when everything they've bottled comes to the surface...

Ron was sat on the bottom bunk bed listing to the WWN, where they listed out who was dead, missing, or wanted by the Ministry, while Hermione was cutting Harry's hair. It was mostly to ease his mind, knowing that his family were as safe as they could be. Mikayla has become a big topic on the radio show, propaganda against her and the Order spouted out by the newest WWN host, Finley Flint (Marcus Flint's older sister), saying that she was dangerous to Wizarding society and how many people (Death Eaters) she's sent to St. Mungo's. The conversation they overheard earlier was still weighing heavy on all of their minds.

"Oh my God!" Hermione exclaimed, standing up from behind Harry were she was crouched down cutting his hair, "what?" Harry asked, reaching for the back of his neck in fear as Hermione walked away from him, to grab a book from her beaded bag. "I'll tell you in a minute..." Hermione responded as she made her way to the dinner table to flick through Hogwarts: A History. "Um, I'd prefer if you told me now." Harry stood up and followed her to the table, "the sword of Gryffindor. It's goblin-made." Hermione pointed out, as if her conclusion was obvious, but when she was faced with Harry's confused expression, she realised she'd have to explain more.