Chapter 8

Narcissa was sitting the library by the window, watching her son play outside with his familiar. It was so nice to see him happy and carefree, he was only a boy. Draco was happy and that made her happy, and proud. Lucius walked in and smiled, he loved seeing Narcissa happy as she was now. Even though Narcissa and Lucius had to get married, they never bonded and only slept together to have Draco, after that Lucius blood adopted Narcissa as his sister, that way she would be protected. The marriage contract only stated that they had to have an heir, not that they had to stay together for all eternity and also Lucius had already met both of his mates. James had married Lily to protect her and his son, Lily was dying of cancer, and she didn't want anyone to know. James was protecting Harry, Dumbledore was going after his son, to be a weapon to use in his war against the Dark Lord Voldemort. James went into hiding with his son, Harry looked more like him that Lucius or Severus, and Lily was more than willing to pretend to be his wife, in case Albus killed him or sent him to Azkaban, Lily would get custody and that there was no way Dumbledore could use his son. Severus called Draco inside and they went to the potion lab for a private lesson. "I love this, I only wish that James could see him grow up." Narcissa and James were friends since Narcissa's mate had rejected her and then joined the Order (Should I make it Mad eye Moody?). Lucius was watching her become sad, he stayed up nights with his sister helping her heal from the pain the rejection caused her creature, the only reason she didn't become depressed was because of Draco, her son, the reason she is as strong as she is now. Severus and Lucius were there, and James was there for her, Lily was there as well being a normal witch and not a creature Lily didn't know the pain of a mate's rejection. They all prayed that Draco would never feel the rejection of his mate(s). 

Albus Dumbledore was in his office at Hogwarts, reading the reports on Harry Potter, Arabella Figg, mentioned that Harry had been beaten badly by the Dursley's before he left for Grimmuld Place. They were told to keep Harry in his place, not beat him near death and force him into a creature inheritance. It was infuriating that the boy wouldn't eat the food Molly made and he wouldn't drink anything Ginny gave him. A new letter landed on his desk from the Minister of Magic. "All students need to be resorted. It has come to our attention that the sorting hat had been tampered with and any student that is unhappy in their house can and must be resorted." The voice of Delores Umbridge, Undersecretary to the Minister, came from the letter and Dumbledore felt sick. He had placed the hat under compulsions to place Harry Potter in Gryffindor not Slytherin. If Harry had been placed in Slytherin than Dumbledore wouldn't be able to manipulate the boy like he had been doing. "I can't let him be resorted." The hat heard as had Fawks and all the portraits, they would protect the boy. Kreacher had told Dobby who had told all the Hogwarts house elves, they all promised to check all of Harry's food and to watch the boy. Harry had more ally's than he ever thought. Harry was a sweet boy; he treated all the ghosts and portraits with respect and even Moaning Myrtle thought highly of the young Gryffindor. The castle herself which was sentient would help the boy. No one would hurt Harry Potter while they were there to protect him.