Chapter 41

Charlie Weasley was waiting for his boss to come back; except he felt a need to go somewhere else, and Charlie hoped was that wherever it was, that it was warm. Charlie was used to being with fire-breathing dragons, not used to cold at all, and for some reason he was dragged out to the coldest place he had ever been. "Weasley, there is someone you need to help. Igor Karkaroff has his students with him, teach them how to take care of our newest member. The little Norwegian Ridgeback." Kara Menger told him, leading him towards a man with four students all taller than Charlie and all wearing fur capes and red uniforms. "Welcome, how can I help you?" A man who looked a little familiar, walked closer to Charlie. "Are you alright?" The man was taller than the rest and verry handsome, he was strong looking, much more muscled than the rest. "I'm fine." Charlie stuttered, he was cold, freezing, but Kara would hit him with a stinging hex if he said anything, so he lied and said he was fine. For some reason Charlie didn't like lying to the man, he lied to his mother hundreds of times, mostly because around Molly he was so deep in the closet he might as well be in Narnia. (I love this line from Sea.Ya.Later on TikTok.) "My name is Charlie Weasley, I am supposed to teach you about dragon training. This is a Norwegian Ridgeback, he is quite small, also his name is Norbert." The man closer to Charlie smiled and made Charlie so happy about the proud look on the man's face. "My name is Igor Karkaroff, this is Sergi Metzger, Olaf Lepard, Vlad Poenari, and this is the famed Bulgarian seeker Viktor Krum." Karkaroff sounded so pleased when he introduced Viktor Krum, the other students looked like this was a normal everyday occurrence. "Your Viktor Krum?" Charlie now remembered, Ron would go on and on for hours about how great Viktor Krum is, and Ginny would go on to say he was the most handsome man she had ever seen. "Yes. Does that bother you?" Charlie shook his head no. Viktor noticed Charlie shiver when a gust of wind made him almost fall over. "Here." Viktor took off his cape and wrapped it around Charlie, before pulling Charlie closer to him. "Mine." He whispered into Charlie's hair making the ginger blush redder than his hair. "Viktor we are here to learn, buddy." The guy Charlie believed was Sergi said only to have a wand pionted at him when he went closer. "What is the meaning of this!" Karkaroff demanded and Viktor said something Charlie didn't understand at all. "Well, we still need to learn about dragons." Charlie picked up baby Norbert and brought him closer to himself, like a mother dragon would. "This is Norbert, he's new. This is how to calm him down, he is still a baby, and we have yet to find a mother for him. All Dragon mothers know their eggs, even if we move them, the mother can find her eggs, some mothers will take in babies who don't have a mother or have been abandoned by their Covey. A Covey is a family of dragons." Charlie smiled when Norbert sent a small, harmless spark in his and Viktor's direction, it was something a baby dragon did as a sign of affection, normally in response to their parents. "He did that to us, does that mean he sees us as his parents?" Charlie nodded. "Sometimes they can bond with their human handler and see them as their parental figure." Viktor pulled Charlie closer when the cold got to him again, it wasn't like Charlie was already wearing three coats and five pairs of socks, also he had his Weasley Christmas sweater on. "Is there someplace for us to get out of the cold?" Viktor asked in concern. "Over here, I should get Norbert to a heated room now anyway." Charlie led them to a small tent with a decent sized bed and a space designed for a baby dragon. "Norbert doesn't like to be alone at night, also it's cold out there and he is so little, I like to keep him close." Viktor smiled and kissed the top of Charlie's head. "So sweet of you little dragon." Charlie blushed again and Viktor smiled lovingly at him. "We need to go to our own tents. I assume that the lesson is over with since the beast is sleeping." Charlie didn't like this Karkaroff guy. "The beast is a dragon with a higher body count than you-know-who and he is just a baby, imagine what it will be like when he is fully grown. The lesson is over for now." Charlie was beyond furious at the man and placed Norbert in his little nest before turning around. "Kara can show you to your tents." Viktor stayed and hugged Charlie. "My dragon, what's wrong?" Viktor sat on the bed and pulled Charlie onto his lap. "He doesn't care for dragons, if he did, he would know to never call them beasts." Viktor rubbed soothing circles on his own dragon's back. "I know, he made us come for our care of magical creature's lessons. I do like this though." Viktor kissed Charlie on the cheek. "I got to meet you, and I have my mate in my arms." Charlie looked at Viktor and smiled, he snuggled closer to the warmth of the man. "Come, lay down." Viktor moved them so they were laying down, he used his magic to take off all the coats and the shoes that Charlie was wearing. "Sleep with me." Viktor kissed Charlie and it soon became more than a kiss, a silencing spell was placed on the tent and around Norbert, so he wouldn't hear it, Charlie said he was only a baby. "My eagle." Charlie repeated it over and over as Viktor worshiped the body of his lover, his mate, his fated for eternity. "Come for me little dragon." Viktor breathed and Charlie felt like the world was going to explode. When they came down to earth they lay next to each other, and Charlie was no longer cold, he was a little sore, but he would take that over anything. "Stay?" Charlie asked and Viktor smiled, pulling Charlie closer. "I wouldn't dream of leaving you like that. my Little Dragon, although I'm not sure I can call you little." Charlie blushed but stayed in Viktor's arms, loving the warmth, and security he offered. "I love you, my eagle." Charlie mumbled before falling asleep, it was the best he had slept in years, since he came out to Molly and Arthur at 15. "I love you more my little dragon." Viktor held Charlie close and fell asleep holding his mate, finally whole.