Dear Konna

CHAPTER 14

Konnas POV

Mary fell asleep on me a hour ago, I didn't want to move and wake her, besides.. She's still kind of cold. I heard Jeff leave a few hours ago and tell masky that he was going to be back by night fall. The suns just starting to go down, I heard the back door open and quiet footsteps, and then some sort of fiddling with the tree, and then footsteps approaching the door, I glanced under it to see a shadow, it stood there a moment them continued across the floor and out the back door, and then the door closing.

Why would Jeff walk in then walk out like that? I carefully wrapped Mary in the blanket then put my shirt back on and headed for the bedroom door. I slowly opened it to find masky fast asleep on the couch, I quietly stepped out of the room, closing the door behind me I bumped into a few boxes on the floor, with tags saying "to konna, love jeff" I blushed slightly.

That's when something caught my eye, I looked up to see a blue star sitting ontop of the tree, shining brightly. Jeff, he went through so much effort, but... Why did he just leave like that?

There was a note placed on the tree with my name on it, I reached over the stack of presents to grab it, I opened it and started to read it aloud.

"Dear Konna,
I got you some presents this morning while butchering my newest victims, I really do hope you enjoy them, I'm looking forward to seeing what they are for myself.
The insufferable asshole has sent me on a quest that will in able me to see you until Christmas Eve. I'm sorry konna, I know how much you love the holidays I'll see you in the next few days.
-jeff "

"Nice." I said with a heavy exhale and an eye roll, Slendy needs to stop kidnapping my boyfriend at the most inappropriate times. I crumpled up the letter and tossed it in the fire. I sighed and flipped on the radio, turned it up slightly and grabbed a bottle of jack from the cupboards. Tossed my phone on the counter and with open bottle in hand, started dancing around the house not caring that masky was asleep, occasionally chugging back shots, I don't drink a lot.........Only when I'm stressed. I turned and watched as masky sat up slowly, I ran over and turned down the radio, masky yawned

"konna what are you doing?" He asked with a tired tone.
"Drinking." I replied bluntly.
"why?" He asked,
"Because Jeff's not here to tell me not to." I said with another swig.

He sighed and got up, ran a hand through his hair and walked towards me, I backed up into the counter. Masky came close and sealed the space between us by placing his hand on the counter beside me, I looked up at him at the same time he looked down at me. He reached and grabbed the bottle from me, took off his mask and took a swig of the jack, he looked down at me with glossed but present eyes.

"I'm not letting you drink konna." He said with a smirk, just because I'm underaged doesn't mean I can't handle my alcohol who the hell does masky think he is!? I opened my mouth to protest and then he reached passed me with the hand that was previously on the counter, I paused in wonder as I watched him grab a glass from the cupboard and pour some jack in a cup and passing me back the bottle. Once again, he repeated "I'm not letting you drink konna, at least not alone." He smirked and tilted the glass against my bottle. I grinned and at the same time, we both took a drink. This crappy day was just about to change.

Into the night me and masky polished off a 40 of jack, then as we started talking on the couch Mary walked out of the bedroom, we both looked at her in shock.

"YOUR AWAKE!!!" I yelled, she jumped slightly.
"Yes.." She said quietly as she headed for the bathroom. I watched her intently a moment, I really hoped she was ok, she walked into the bathroom and closed the door behind her and I heard the shower burst into life, I turned back to masky.

"You think she's ok?" I asked leaning my head on Maskys shoulder. Masky nodded.
"I think she's just fine" he said with a smile.