Fear

Chapter 6

Mary's POV

As we walked inside I could feel my heart nearly beating out of my chest, none of this crap is real. It can't be.Can it? I sat down on the couch and began shaking. Toke-heart was standing in the doorway and konna was staring at him.

"What the fuck was that!?" She whisper yelled at the masked man. He shrugged

"My guess is that hoodie doesn't like newbies causing trouble." He said calmly. Was he talking about me? Or was he talking about Konna? I suddenly realized there was a trail of red trickling down her side. My eyes widened and I pointed.

"Konna!" Was the only thing I could manage to get out in my shock. She looked at me the looked down to see what I was staring at.

"Oh shit" toke-heart exclaimed. Just as he did konna opened up her light jacket to reveal the blood all over her shirt. Suddenly she collapsed. Toke-heart caught her. I was in shock, I felt like I couldn't move. I knew I had to do something but I had no idea what to do. Do I help? Do I call 911? Do I wake up jeff?

"What can I do?" I asked toke-heart, he absently looked up at me through his mask.

"Go get jeff." He replied blankly. I nodded and ran across the house banging on Jeff's door. When he didn't answer I screamed his name several times, again no answer. Then finally I exclaimed that Konna was hurt. The door flew open, and he pinned me to the wall by my neck. I panicked he was screaming at me to tell him what I did. All I could do was shake my head

"it wasn't me!" I managed to mutter out. He looked me in the eyes a moment. I couldn't breathe abc I felt myself beginning to black out but then suddenly he released my throat and ran over to the couch where konna was now laid. Toke-heart was pacing. After Jeff and him argued for a while Jeff threw some clothes on.

"Masky, take care of konna." Toke-heart nodded. "you." He said looking at me. I nodded and gulped. "Grab Konnas knife. Your coming with me." He said in a tone way to serious to be joking. Oh my fuck. I nodded and did as I was told. I walked with Jeff out the door.

"Where are we going?" I asked after we walked for a good 20 minutes. He glanced at me over his shoulder and looked back the way we were walking.

"Slendermans mansion." He replied reluctantly. I stopped dead in my tracks and a chill went down my spine. I mean I guess I should have thought of that, He controls hoodie. Now that I knew where we were heading I felt as though I was paralyzed with fear. Jeff stopped and looked at me "my patience is running thin. Come on." He snapped in anger. He grabbed me by the wrist and started dragging me along.

I quickly nodded and started walking on my own to keep up with him. Jeff scares me, and I'm already on his bad side I don't want to mess this up. I'm usually care free and this kinda shit doesn't get to me, But I'm far as fuck away from home and no one knows I'm out here. If I disappeared no one would find me and that is the most scary part.

As we got to a mansion Jeff walked right inside. I followed, I didn't want to be there at all but being there with Jeff was better then being there alone. I think? At least I hope. As I stepped inside the door I  glanced around. Jeff ran upstairs screaming slendermans name. I attempted to keep up with him but I lost track of him at the top of the stairs. I started walking down the hall, gripping Konna's blade in hand. "Jeff?" I whisper yelled. Why would he ask me to come with him if he was just gonna run off on me?

As I walked the dark empty corridor I saw an open door and peaked my head inside. that's when I was greeted by the same hooded person who stabbed Konna. He was standing there in front of me. I put the knife in front of myself and held it with both hands. Suddenly hoodie charged at me. I screamed Jeff's name then I heard someone running down the hall toward me, oddly I was praying it was Jeff. I swung my knife at hoodie and I felt it collide with his flesh then I saw the blood go everywhere. He let out a pained scream and tried to brace himself which was my opportunity to run.

I bolted back down the hall toward the main
Stairs and straight out of the mansion. I tried my best to remember the rout Jeff and I took and ran all the way back to Konna at full speed. I could feel my heart pounding in my ear drums as I sprinted through the forest.

I paused for a second when I got to the lake to catch my breath only to hear my name being called distantly behind me. My heart began to pick up speed again and I once again began to run. What the hell did I get myself into? This wasn't me, this wasn't my life. Is my best friend worth all of this? 

My thoughts distracted me so bad that I didn't notice that I'd tripped until I was collided face first with the grass beside the lake. I let out a pained whine and only let myself have a moment to recover before I pulled myself to my feet and began to run again. The cabin was in sight, it was the only light I could see on the water.

I picked up speed and by the time I got to the door I was completely out of breath. When I pushed myself in the door I tried to take a few breaths to get some air back into my lungs, but the room started to spin. I collapsed and hit the floor. That's all I remember.