Bump in The Night

CHAPTER 15 

 Konnas POV 

 I decided to go for a wander. I also decided not to tell Masky where I was going, or about the note, or anything else for that matter. I just kinda took off. Left him there with Mary. I wandered into the forest, regretting the decision to not put on my jacket before I left. I quickly started to shudder as I made my way around the lake, and passed the old shack. That's when I froze. 

 There was blood. Lots of it. I felt my spine go stiff, for a second I felt like I couldn't move, or even breathe. But I shook the feeling when I realized that there was a set of footprints, and that until a few steps passed my own I noticed they were headed toward the cabin until they abruptly stop and head a different direction. Maybe one of Jeff's kills didn't actually die. And used the rest of there will power and strength as they bled out to try and follow him home. And he lead them away when he realized he was being followed. 

 But... There was only one set of footprints. And suddenly that queezy frozen feeling started to come back...I decided to follow the footprints and the blood trail. And once I got to the end of it it was almost as if the scene splayed out infront of me. I watched the footsteps stumble, and then a body shaped flop in the snow. But the snow wasn't right. It was a crimson red... 

 And there were other steps approaching. Heeled boots. And then from the other direction it looks like heels dragged the bloody body for quite some time. I stood there for a few seconds.. Debating on if I should have turned around. Gone to get masky, so I wouldn't walk into this alone. But with how high the wind speeds were and how hard the snow was falling. By the time I got back the trail would be gone. Which also meant it had to be fairly fresh. i looked back once. "Fuck it." And I followed the blood trail. It led me deep into the forest. But then... All of a sudden it stops. 

 Almost like they up and vanished. I stood there for a moment and pondered. Where was the body? Where was heels? I have to be too drunk. People don't just up and disappear. Do they? 

 I turned and I walked back to the house.... Masky was once again passed out on the couch. I quickly took off his sweater that I had stolen for my adventure, and I shook off my converse. I was shakey. My hands wouldn't stop quaking, I went into mine and Jeff's room, quickly closing the door behind me. I could feel my breathing quicken, And my heart rate rising. I went to the closet. I wanted- no I needed. Something of his. A sweater. A jacket. A pair of sweat pants. Some article of clothing I could put on. I tore the closet apart. That's when I found it. Jeff's only other hoodie that he wares when ever I insist on washing his white one. 

 I yanked off the hanger. Stripped and put it on. I was having a panic attack and I knew it, I curled onto a ball on the bed. so many bad thoughts were going through my mind. I wanted to call Jeff. I wanted to make sure he was ok. That he wasn't dead, that one of the other things that went bump in the night didn't kill him. 

 No. 

 Konna stop thinking like this. 

Jeff is too smart to be killed. 

Right?...