Strange occurance

CHAPTER 5

Konnas POV

[Two days later ]

"What the hell are you doing?" Mary asked as I was ripping all the pillows off the bed along with the blankets. "I'm re making the bed, because I'm a perfectionist and I'm the only one who cares. Jeff will sleep on anything but not me. I can't sleep on a unmade bed. It just drives me fucking crazy." I vented. she laughed at me which caused me to get annoyed and shoot her a glare.

"that wasn't ment to be funny." I hissed at her. She threw her hands up in response.

"Bro sorry." She uttered before she walked out of the room and soon I could smell the coffee maker brewing. I rolled my eyes and finished making the bed. Once I was done I went out to the kitchen to see a steaming hot cup of coffee on the counter for me. I smiled at Mary over the island.

"Thank you, sorry for snapping." I said sheepishly. She turned to me revealing her own mug in hand and smiled at me.

"Don't worry about it." She replied earnestly. Suddenly I heard a buzzing coming from the bedroom. Mary and I both looked at each other confused and I walked back into the bedroom only to notice I was greeted by a text message on the prehistoric price of shit of a flip phone. I flipped it open and read the text.

"Konna, meet me at 2238 wollible Lane with your friend. Right now." I groaned and sat up. I put on my knife strap that wrapped around my thy, slid my tiger blade into my leg holster, slid on a crop top, and a pair of shorts then I walked into the living room and waved my phone around  in my hand while looking at Mary.

"Apparently we have to go somewhere." I said to her. She replied initially with a groan.

"give me ten minutes." She finally said. I nodded then walked into the bathroom to do my make up. When I came back out Mary was ready to go. We walked out the front door started heading around the lake. The weather had cooled off since the heat wave a few days ago. It was sitting at about 20 degrees as opposed to the double it was spitting at us a few days ago.

We walked the long 5 miles to the address. When we arrived the front door was open. The house smelled of recently shed blood and there was the sound of a baby crying faintly. Mary stopped outside the door. "This is it isn't it, One of his murder scenes?" I nodded and moved to push open the door to continue inside.

Mary stopped me by grabbing my wrist. "It's the middle of the day, what if someone sees us?" She asked worried.

"They won't, just trust me." I re-assured. I once again moved to push open the door but she stopped me once more. I let out a sigh. "Look Mary if you can't do this you should go home." I reasoned with her. She stood there for a moment. She seemed to be really contemplating what I said. After a moment she slowly let go of my wrist and nodded at me. I nodded back at her and looked around then pushed open the door and made my way inside, She followed behind me.

Jeff walked into the livingroom gripping his knife tightly. In the other hand he was dragging a lanky brunette by her hair behind him. She was crying through her gauge, he had tied her up. I looked around the room, the house was expensive, mahogany floors and tables. Antique knick knacks and fancy vases filled the room along with full leather couches and what looked to be an expensive carpet that was now ruined with stains of blood.

My eyes trailed back to look at Jeff whom was already looking at me. Then Jeff looked at Mary.

"Are you ready?" He asked her.

"r-ready for what?..." She asked in response. I could tell that Jeff creeped her out abit. He chuckled at her. The woman's cries coming from his side the only other sound filling the room.  My eyes widened when I put two and two together and realized why he had brought us here.

"Jeff, no. Don't do this." I pleaded with him. he glared at me.

"Shut up konna." He hissed at me then turned his attention back to his pleading victim, I rolled my eyes. I was growing tired of this fight.

"what are we doing here?" I asked, hoping he'd just come out and tell us, but he ignored me. I started to get annoyed. "Jeff!?" I snapped at him. He snapped his head around and looked at me once more.

"I said shut up." He growled as a response.

"Why the hell are you so upset with me!?" I screamed at him, my arms moved from the crossed position they were in to a slight flail as I tossed them into the air for emphasis, also halfway through the sentence my voice cracked. Not even a second later Jeff had dropped his victim and slammed me into the wall by my shoulders.

"Because you fucking lied to me Konna! I asked you what you were doing the night we were at the mansion and you flat out lied to my face, and now your fucking friend is stuck here!" He screamed back, gripping my shoulders for dear life as he yelled in my face. We were both panting, I could feel the tears spill over my eyes and I could also feel his searching mine for a reason. That's when Mary built up the courage and chimed in.

"I'm not stuck here, I can go home when ever I want." She tried to correct. Jeff turned his head and glared at her, he reached down with his right hand and yanked my knife out of my holster then moved away from me. He approached the girl that he gagged once more and dragged her by her hair to Mary's feet then placed my knife in her hand. He turned his attention back at me momentarily

"this is your fault." He spoke. He wanted to make sure I knew this blood was on my hands. I turned away. I couldn't look. "you chose this path." He said to Mary. I could hear the girl screaming and pleading through the gag. Until one of them slit her throat. I have no clue which did it but I heard my blade clatter to the floor once all said and done.

When I looked back the girl was pooling on the floor twitching at both there feet. My stomach almost jumped out of my throat. I quickly walked over and took my knife off the floor then shoved it back in the holster. I looked past Jeff into the kitchen then shoved passed him into the kitchen. Then grabbed a bag and started opening all the cupboards and the fridge.

"Konna what are you doing?" Jeff asked. I didn't answer him, in fact I didn't even acknowledge him.

"Mary, would you mind grabbing all the box food from the cupboard?" I asked. She nodded and quickly moved past Jeff and began helping me raid the kitchen. Her hands shaking as she started putting food in the bags. After Mary and I were done I turned to Jeff.

"Grab the box of heavy stuff ." I said to him harshly. Giving him no room to say no. He picked it up and grumbled. We walked the 5 miles back home.

****

When we got back I cleared at spot on the kitchen floor and Mary and I started putting the things away. Jeff groaned and went in our bedroom then slammed the door. I paused when he did. Glanced at the door and went back to humming and putting things away.

20 minutes later. I went to Jeff and I's room and walked in closing the door, Jeff's pants an sweater were on the floor, he was asleep. Smile was laying on the bed beside him. I quietly went to the closet and took some money out of the jar that me and Jeff kept. I only took a $20. Just incase I went slightly over, one of the Jars that we'd taken from the house was filled with money.

I shoved the $20 in my back pocket and grabbed Jeff's clothes as I quietly left the room re closing the door, I put Jeff's clothes in the wash then went and put my sandals back on.

"Where are you going?" Mary asked. I smiled and corrected her.

"We, are going shopping." I smirked at her.

We walked to the mall and I picked up something special for Jeff, and something special for Mary. Mary also got something for me. We were waking through town and heading back toward the forest. When suddenly I was dragged into am ally causing me to drop all the gifts and someone began choking me.

Suddenly Masky came running up and pried the person off of me. I ran to Mary and clung to her in fear catching my breath I looked at the two. Masky was yelling and calling the other person "hoodie". I watched intently then the person ran back into the forest. Masky turned and picked up the bags and gave them back to me.

"I'll walk with you guys back. Don't ask what just happened and dont tell jeff" Mary and I nodded in unisons. The three of us walked back to the cabin, I walked inside and placed the bags in the spare room and invited masky in.