Chapter XIV

Weiss came back to the suitcase.

The gas station hadn't had good food, by her standards anyway. But it would have to do, for now.

"Okay," she said, "it may not be the healthiest food, but--"

She stopped as she finally realized that Sonic was missing, leaving the open suitcase behind.

"Sonic?" she said.

She quickly set the bag of food on top of the suitcase, and looked around for that blue hedgehog. Then, she looked across the street, and she saw Casinopolis.

No, he didn't. Why would he want to go to a casino? That place had to be filled with people who would notice him. But, when she looked down to the suitcase, she realized some of her school uniform was hanging out, and her blazer was missing.

No, he was in the casino for sure. She was going to kill him.

She zipped up the suitcase, picked up the bag of food and the handle on the case, and headed for the building. Getting inside was easy enough with her status as heiress, and for a moment she wondered how Sonic had gotten inside. But when she remembered how fast he was, she realized how easy it might be for him to get past security.

She walked inside, and searched around for him, getting ready to shove him into the suitcase and refuse to let him out until the next morning.

She moved past an arcade machine, and spotted him standing near a poker table, watching people play. Sure enough, he was wearing her blazer. She scowled, and stormed up to Sonic. She gave him a relatively gentle kick to the back, and he turned around to look up to her.

"Yo, dude!" Sonic said, clearly doing his best to sound cool as he pointed to her with finger guns.

She opened up the suitcase, and gestured inside.

"Get in!" she ordered.

"Come on, Ice Queen!" Sonic said. "This place is way past cool!"

"Can you stop talking like that?!" Weiss said. "We need to get going!"

Sonic dropped his "cool" voice. "If we stay, I promise I won't say another word for the rest of the trip! Starting . . . now!"

Weiss only grew angrier at this, but then she thought for a moment. He wouldn't talk for the rest of their time together? That was . . . quite tempting . . .

"Fine," Weiss said. "But you owe me."

She grabbed him by the arm, and dragged him to the diner area so they could at least get away from an area where Sonic could waste money, if he had any. They sat down at one of the tables, and Weiss glared at him.

"Are you having fun?!" she asked. "This is a big night for you isn't it? Are you going to check this off your bucket list?!"

"What's a bucket list?" Sonic asked, entirely unfazed by her aggressive tone.

Weiss groaned in frustration, but answered anyway. "A bucket list is a list of things you want to do before you . . . you know, kick the bucket."

Sonic gasped. "I've never kicked a bucket either! I've gotta make my list!"

Sonic dashed away, stealing a notepad from someone, and coming back to write everything down.

"Uh huh! Mm hmm! Oh, Sonic!"

A waitress walked up to them. She was about to ask if they wanted something to eat, when she realized how young Weiss and Sonic were.

"Pardon me," she said, "there are no kids allowed in here. And what is he wearing, some kind of mask?"