Chapter XV

Weiss was growing exhausted.

She'd spent most of the day walking along the streets of Vale, dragging Sonic behind her, and then, of course, she'd gotten pinned down, her arms in agonizing pain from the strong grips of the men holding her, and then she fought for a few seconds before Sonic saved her, and she'd run to get that truck before the goons caught her.

She knew she was getting too tired to keep going, and she wanted a good place to sleep before they headed to the airship. They had until tomorrow to get there anyway.

So, she parked at a hotel, and bought a room for two to get some rest. But while she was tired, and trying to ease the pain in her arms, Sonic was just as energetic as ever.

"The floors were sticky," he said as he hopped on the bed Weiss had chosen, "the crowd was rough, and the odds were against us! But there was no stopping Ice Queen and the Blue Blur!"

He hopped onto his bed, and picked up his bucket list. "Scratch another one off my list."

Weiss approached her bed, taking off her bolero, and setting it down on her bed, exposing her arms, and the bruises left behind.

"I'd prefer it if you didn't call me Ice Queen," she said.

Sonic's emerald eyes widened as he saw the bruises on her arms. He felt guilt inside, as he thought he was responsible for it. She wouldn't have ended up with them if he hadn't broken into her dorm.

"Well, I gotta call you something other than your name," he said.

"You really don't," Weiss said. Sonic took note of the softer tone. Unlike every other time she'd told him not to call her "Ice Queen", she was politely asking him to stop.

"Well, can I call you something other than Ice Queen?" Sonic asked, wanting to respect her wishes.

"If you can come up with something that isn't insulting, I'm okay with it."

Sonic thought for a moment, shifting through options in his mind. Snow Girl? No, that wasn't very clever at all. Ice Angel? No, that sounded romantic, and that brought back bad memories. Snow White? No, he should probably come up with something other than snow or ice.

Then, he got an idea.

"How does Edelweiss sound?"

Weiss stopped, lifting her head as she thought for a moment. She turned around and smiled at Sonic.

"I like it," she said.

Sonic smiled back, liking the name as well.

Weiss folded up her bolero, and set it in her suitcase with the rest of her folded clothes, and zipped it shut, before sitting down on her bed to talk to Sonic.

"So you've been spying on us all for years?" she said.

"I wouldn't call it, 'spying'," Sonic said. "We were all just hanging out, except I wasn't invited, and no one knew I was there."

Weiss rolled her eyes. She felt she should be mad at this thing for stalking her and her teammates, but after the fun time she'd had earlier, she couldn't really find any anger towards the little guy.

"So what are we gonna do now?" Sonic asked, filled with excitement.

"I'm going to go to sleep," Weiss said. "I think you should, too."

"But this is my last night on Remnant!" Sonic said. "I want to soak up every last second!"

Weiss reached down to pull off her high heels. "If you can find anything to do in this room, go ahead."