Chapter XXVI

Sonic threw the ring right into a drone.

The blue hedgehog backed up. When had that thing gotten here? He looked around frantically, and saw more flying, egg-shaped drones floating in, aiming their weapons at the four standing on the roof.

Weiss quickly pulled out Myrtenaster. "Get down, Klein!"

The butler did as she said, as Ruby pulled out Crescent Rose.

Sonic backed up to the edge of the building, and lost his balance. He frantically swung his arms as he pushed himself back up to the top.

The drones were everywhere, surrounding the four, and leaving no place to escape, other than the edge of the tower.

A much bigger, flying pod came in, stopping to hover in front of the four. Ruby and Klein stared at it in confusion, unsure of what it even was. But Sonic and Weiss glared, knowing exactly who had sent the drones, and having a pretty good idea of who was inside the pod in front of them.

The windshield began to slide open, revealing its captain, and confirming Sonic and Weiss' suspicions.

Doctor Robotnik was seated inside, wearing a red flight suit with black and brown accents. Atop his head was a pair of black goggles with red lenses.

Robotnik grinned as he made eye contact with Weiss. "Welcome back to Atlas, Ms. Schnee. Are you enjoying the clam chowder? You really must try the bread bowl. It practically eats itself."

"You know this guy?" Ruby said.

Weiss nodded. "He's the government freak who keeps trying to kill us, UNSUCCESSFULLY!!!"

Robotnik frowned at her words.

Weiss smirked, an attitude beginning to show that she never had before.

"Nice of you to swing by on your way to comic con!" she said in a cocky manner.

"Yes, what exactly are you wearing?" Klein said.

Robotnik looked down at the red suit, and scowled at the group.

"It's a flight suit!" he said. "Designed to modulate my body temperature and reduce drag!"

Klein's eyes went red, and his voice changed to a dark, raspy one to mimic Robotnik. "Designed to modulate my body temperature and reduce drag!"

Ruby snickered.

"Yeah," Weiss continued teasing Robotnik, "and yet you still are one."

"Oooh! Good one!" Robotnik said, his voice filled with sarcasm. "You are catching fire, Ms. Schnee." He shifted his gaze to Ruby and Klein. "I see you've brought some friends. Do they have names, or shall we just call them collateral damage?"

"Hey, watch your mouth!" Weiss yelled. "Unless you want more of what I gave you earlier!"

Ruby turned to her. "What did you do?"

"I punched him in the face."

Sonic laughed as he remembered it. "She punched him right in the face! It was awesome!"

"The time for talking is over!" Robotnik cut them off, tired of the conversation. "It's time to push buttons!"

Sonic smiled, placing his fists against his hips. "Your flying eggs are pretty impressive, Doctor Eggman, but let's face it, you'll never catch me!"

Robotnik ignored the nickname. "Confidence. A fool's substitute for intelligence."

He pressed a button, and the drones started to open fire. Weiss summoned a glyph over Klein, protecting him from the bullets, while she and Ruby avoided as much as they could, while battling the drones. Sonic fought back as well, much more effectively then the other two due to his speed.