One: Kari

Green eyes slowly opened, small hands rubbing at her tired eyes sleepily. One hand moved down to her neck, still feeling like she couldn't breathe temporarily. Red hair was tangled from the sleep, the girl yawned and looking around the room she was in. Her body was cramped from sleeping in the chair all night, freckles dusting her cheeks as she was brushing the knots out of her hair.

"KARI!" Her body jumped, nerves set alert and small panic made her heart speed up. A natural reaction known to this girl, she finished the braid she was working on and opened the door to look at the angry blonde staring down at her. "Y-y-yes pa-papa?"

"What were you doing?" He demanded, crossing his arms while glaring down at the child in front of him. This man hated to look at this girl, always believing that his wife cheated on him because of how Kari looks.

She has red hair, her mother and him had blonde hair. Kari has green eyes while her mother had blue and he has brown. She looks nothing like this man and if he didn't have a use for her in the house, he probably would have thrown her into the ocean the first chance he could.

But he doesn't have a way to know because Kari died in childbirth. This monstrosity is what took away his wife away. This man didn't want children, no less a girl. "I-I was... wa-was about-t-t t-to co-co-cook-k for y-you."

She explained, only hearing the scoff in return. The man left the teenager there, not wanting to continue talking to this stuttering mess. Kari has picked up a stutter because of her natural fear, it especially gets worse around that man.

The door slammed shut as the man left the house, her body jumping from the loud noise before she looked down at the ground. Her body leaned back against the wall, sliding down so she could rest her head on her knees. Kari was hurting from last night, some of her was glad that he didn't raise his hand to her this morning.

Small hands held onto the side of the table, peeking her head over the table as she looked over at the two boys standing there. It was the time where two chiefs would come together and talk among each other; talking about anything and everything. But they brought along their sons so they would know what to do in the future.

Kari had followed them in the great hall while they were talking, knowing that she could get in trouble. But she was waiting for when the boys would be free to wander around, since these two were her best friends. One of them noticed the small girl peeking around, smirking and waving to her from behind his back.

Kari had a small snile at the action, turning her eyes to look over at the brunette that looked a bit uncomfortable. But he was reading next to his father, looking over the words and only looking up when he felt staring. Usually he would ignore it, but it didn't feel like Dagur's teasing or his father's look. To his pleasure, it was the docile redhead in the village and making him smile when he caught her green eyes.

The girl made a surprise sound when she fell in front of the chiefs, seeing his annoyance and surprise at seeing the small girl. Both boys immediately had to mask their worry at seeing the girl getting scolded by one of the women serving the drinks and food to the chiefs. It was one of those women that tripped on the teenager, Kari only looking down while she was being scolded.

"I'm sorry about this Stoick. I'll make sure to teach her manners." Kari's blood froze at hearing that man's voice, looking at the person who raised her before looking back down quickly. She knew what was going to happen...