Ten: Smaragdr

Smaragdr; emerald. Emerald stands new for beginnings.

Reaper opened her eyes, hiccuping as she felt her limbs were asleep from the uncomfortable position. She was surrounded in darkness, one of her hands reaching out to feel the softness of a wing.

Silver...

But when she managed to lift Silver's wing, she noticed that she was wrapped in blue and purple. Her hand lightly pressed against his wing.

Slate...

Silver lifted her head, red eyes blinking sleepily at her rider when she saw Reaper standing up. Pins and needles ran up her legs, making her stumble and Silver made a worried sound before catching her. Silver looked at her worriedly, unsure of her mental state after seeing those from Berk. "Stay here Silver... I'm going to go see Moonstone."

Silver sighed, not wanting to leave her rider alone but knew that seeing Moonstone was a good choice. But she didn't listen to Reaper, following her outside and sitting by the edge side. Reaper looked over at Silver with a small smile, her hand holding under Silver's jaw and leaning against her with a small thank you.

Moonlight was sparkling through the open spots and tunnels from the oasis, lifting her head to the open roof of the large space to see the stars. The scattered ice was sparkling in the light, looking beautiful to her. Her eyes looked down to see the alpha sleeping in the lake; almost disappearing if it wasn't for the moonlight.

Silver gave out a soft coo, nudging her rider lightly before Reaper climbed on her back. The night fury dove off the side of the cliff, leveling out above the waters and hovering for her. Reaper stood up on the saddle, staring down at the waters before sighing. I don't want anything to do with them.

She thought to herself, diving off of her best friend and swimming through the water. Silver turned, landing nearby to watch the water. The night fury laid down, putting her head on her paws as she stared down at the water.

Air rushed in her lungs as she looked around the air pocket of the cave. Her arms swimming and moving toward the side to hold the edge of the stone; watching the moonlight making the crystal glitter. It was always ethereal for Reaper when she came in.

"Moonstone." She greeted, watching the milky eyes of the flightmare open and head turning to the sound of her voice. Her legs were still in the water, kicking slightly as she stayed against the edge. "I don't know what to do..."

She whispered as the flightmare stopped in front of her, reaching a wet hand to hold her snout. It was quiet besides the sound of the water ripples softly lapping at the edge of the rock, Reaper's feet still kicking under the water. After focusing on Reaper's energy and emotions; the flightmare made her way back to the pile of multiple crystals, arrayed in colors and shapes. Her claw blindly shifting through the loose gems, reaching down to grab the one she felt was right. "You know... sometimes I wonder if you're really blind..."

Reaper muttered as the soft steps made their way back to the girl, leaning her head down and sniffing. Moonstone was trying to find Reaper's hand, the human reaching out to help her and feeling the stone drop in her hand. "An emerald... they remind me of their eyes."

Moonstone snorted at Reaper, wordlessly telling her that's not why she grabbed it. Her thumb rubbed over the surface of the emerald, feeling the smooth and roughness of different parts of the uncut gem. "New beginnings... New beginnings huh? I need to get rid of them. Thanks Moonstone."

She held the stone tighter, pushing herself back into the water and swimming out. Once her head broke the surface on the other side, Silver didn't hesitate to swoop down and pick up her rider. Reaper climbed her way up to Silver's back, turning her body lightly. "Let's go have a conversation with them."