Fifteen: Goodbye

"Leave." Reaper said with crossing her arms, Hiccup could only stare back at her with a pained look. He didn't want to leave her, he wanted to be the one to encourage her to come home... He wanted her, to keep her by his side. "Reaper... please..."

He even used the name that she goes by, to probably get her to listen. But Reaper wasn't having any of it, shaking her head. She was tired of seeing Hiccup in her safe haven; it didn't feel safe with them around- especially her past tormentors. "We finally found you... You're not dead, you're-"

"Hiccup... If you do not leave, then I will be sending my alpha to destroy Berk." This would be the only time that Reaper would pretend like she has any control over anyone in the Oasis. She's sure the alpha wouldn't mind, especially if got these riders to leave. "Don't keep pushing my patience Hiccup."

"But-"

"You're on your own from here, go." She mentioned her head North. Hiccup looked back North, gnawing on his bottom lip before quickly look back Reaper. "Kari, I can't keep pretending like you're not alive."

"Why not? You definitely played pretend to be my friend while I was in that horrendous place." Hiccup quickly shook his head, Toothless keeping an eye on his rider. The night fury has never seen his rider this distressed, never seen him act like this frenzied before. It didn't make sense to the dragon!

And Toothless has seen him do many crazy things, from everything on the edge to even wanting to chase after Drago. But at least that turned out good and he found his mother. But it also could have ended terribly...

"Okay... okay... okay... Just... Just put down the bow Reaper, please." Hiccup pleaded, using the new name to work with her. He didn't like calling her anything but Kari... It didn't feel right to keep calling her this Reaper.

"I will, when you leave." She mentioned again toward the North, but this time with the bow. Hiccup made a frustrated sound, hands grabbing at his hair. "Why are you being so difficult? Can't you see I'm just trying to bring you home?!"

"I am home. You're the only one who's been acting difficult." Her eyes were cold as she stared at him, but her mind was racing. She wanted to cry, wanted to scream, and wanted to release all these negative emotions stirring in her chest. But Reaper wouldn't let Hiccup see how much he effects her- no, she wouldn't let anyone from Berk see how much she suffers from them. She didn't want them to see her weakness.

"You're the one refusing to leave Hiccup, you're the one who's overstaying their welcome." Hiccup couldn't believe what he heard, his eyes blinking softly. "I'm just trying to bring you home..."

"That place will never be my home." Hiccup sighed, banging his head as his grip tightened on the handles of the saddle. Toothless whined to Silver, trying to convince her; so Silver could convince her ride. But Silver immediately snarled, not wanting anything to do with Berk and definitely didn't want to listen to a dragon that came from there. No matter if he was night fury or not, no matter if he is the alpha. Silver didn't listen to him. "Please..."

"Just because you beg pathetically, won't change my mind. Berk can burn for all I care." Thor gave a glance in worry of the pure anger in her voice while Silver wouldn't let her glare up from Toothless. Silver won't lie, she was surprise when she could hear the tone of the alpha of all alphas coming from Toothless in those dens. But she wouldn't admit defeat in front of Toothless.

"That's enough!!" Toothless snarled, stepping in front of Hiccup. Tips of his fins turning blue as he hissed, warming up a plasma blast to protect his rider. Everything was still heavy for the night fury, forcing his still half paralyzed body to move.