Twenty Two: Well Done

"What was all those things you were saying before Reaper? That you would make them pay? Well, start with him." Fenrir explained, sitting and waiting for Reaper to move. But instead, she was frozen. Staring at the man that abused her, her body shaking still.

But Fenrir could no longer tell why. Was it because of the wounds she was feeling? Or was it because of the fact that she was seeing him after all these years. And Fenrir lowered his head at seeing the fire slipping from her eyes. "Reaper... please... Wake up, come to your senses..."

—————

With the alpha gone from inside of the oasis, two men worried about the same thing. The same winterberry, they fell in love with years ago.

"Is she still okay?" Hiccup asked, sliding off of Toothless while the night fury landed. Toothless carefully walking over where the blind flightmare was staying with the pregnant night fury. Silver growled at Toothless, narrowing her eyes.

"Easy, I mean no harm... I just wanted to check on you."

"I'm not helpless." Silver snapped her jaws, claws flexing and watching Toothless jump before letting out a purr. More reason on why he adored her so much. She was fit to be her queen and he wanted nothing more than to have her by his side.

"You are not the alpha here, why do you pretend to be so?"

"I'm the king of dragons, I protect everyone. And I want you to be my queen." Toothless was not bashful, he knew what he wanted. And he wasn't gonna beat around the bush for it. Silver scrunched up her nose, annoyed at hearing that. She wanted nothing to do with the dragon that bonded with the human that made her rider miserable.

But Moonstone could tell that Toothless cared about Silver, but he also knew that Silver hated Toothless. No one knew the reason why, no one knew what Silver had seen Reaper go through... They only knew the little things that Silver let them know. Silver didn't want to spill everything.

"Just because I'm pregnant does not mean that I'm down. I'm not some dragon you can influence with your power, king." Silver growled, standing up and Toothless' eyes widened at seeing the way that it seemed like she was about to attack. He couldn't believe that she wanted to fight while pregnant with hatchlings.

She wants to try to fight him while being this close to oviposition? Moonstone thought to herself, worried for the strain that Silver may be putting on her body. But even the flightmare knew that Silver was stubborn and a fighter, she knew that no matter what Silver wouldn't back down.

"Leif, how is she?" Hiccup asked, looking at Leif who was pacing. He seemed between panicked and worried, looking back at the two riders that was standing there. He bit his lip, chewing on it. "She..."

"Leif?"

"She's gotten worse? I-I don't know what's going on now! Her wounds are healing! But she just won't wake up and..."

"And?" Dagur questioned, armor still soaked in blood and his stained axe pointing to Leif threateningly. Paradox growling lowly behind Leif, warning Dagur. "And... she's had a seizure... Something is wrong with Reaper, I don't know what it is."

"Figure. It. Out." Dagur threatened, taking a step toward Leif and Paradox snarling while wrapping her tail around Leif. The berserker glared at the skrill, thinking of fighting the dragon before lowering his axe. "Fine..."