Seven: She's Alive

The two humans were settled onto a large platform, the sides of it were open and edges dropping off to their death. Reaper was no stranger to moments like this, there's been challengers throughout the years to fight her. They think that if they kill her then they'll have these dragons on their side. Believing that these dragons are the same as Vikings when it comes to command, kill the leader and take the rest in charge.

They're idiots. Reaper is not the one in charge, but she doesn't denies the challenges. Ever.

Her hand was spinning a chain, small sparks showing from the blade hitting the ground and eyes staring at the Viking with emotionless eyes. Hiccup was still crouched in the dark, Toothless getting nervous and trying to stick close to Hiccup in case they needed to bolt. His wing covering the top of his rider to blend them in the darkness. Are they ignoring our presence?

Toothless thought worriedly, the pair watching the two humans fight. Hiccup's eyes were wide; watching Reaper move gracefully and beautifully move the knife on a chain. It was like nothing he's seen, watching her dodge and bend from his sword and expertly move the chain to get the blade where she wanted and quickly.

The chain held up the shield, blocking the bash, her foot kicking his ribs before he could stab her. He stumbled back, glaring at her and tightening his fists on his weapon. Her mask was pulled back up, hiding her face but Hiccup already seen.

He already knew. This had to be Kari, he prayed that it was her. That she was okay and not dead. Some part of his delusional thought about making her Kari, even if she wasn't. Hiccup wasn't going to lose Kari again for a second time.

The Viking fell off the side with a slice throat, falling into the ocean and Reaper tugged down the cloth while she dropped her weapon. The redhead falling back to sit on the platform as Hiccup's eyes widened when he saw the silver phantom nervously crawl his way to the woman. His head burying under her arm while whining and she petted his head. "Don't worry Slate, I'm all okay. You wanna check?"

I never thought that I would hear your voice again. Hiccup thought with a smile, leaning forward and making Toothless hurriedly catch him before he fell. Rocks moving and falling from his sharp movement; dragons turning to look at the area where the two were. Time to go.

Toothless ducked under Hiccup's body; running out of the cavern. Hiccup made a surprise around, calling out to stop his dragon but Toothless only spread his wings. The Viking had no choice but to fly with his dragon after Toothless jumped into the air, because if he didn't move the tail then they would have fallen to their deaths. I'll come back for you Kari.

Lightning shot next to Toothless, the night fury spinning quickly and Hiccup paled when he saw the angered dragon flying in front of them. "Why is the skrill here...?"

Toothless growled, baring his teeth and snarled with the tips of his fins on his back glowing blue. The skrill turned his head, snarling loudly but didn't move. Toothless snorted; taking off once he knew that the dragon wasn't going to attack him.

If they managed to get away from the temple... REAPER! The skrill immediately dove into the cavern, flying around in a panic to see if his human daughter figure was okay. Reaper was petting and doting on Slate to calm him down. Slate always gets skittish when anyone gets close to the home, terrified of people.

"Thor, what is wrong?" The alpha asked, getting the skrill to calm down and explain everything he saw out there. Silver walked up to the skrill, nuzzling her head under his jaw and Thor let out a soft purr. He relaxed immediately at his mate's presence; turning his head to show the familiar scar on his neck, the same one that Reaper had on her arm and closing his eyes.